Why no slipcase for all CD books?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why no slipcase for all CD books?

I was wondering why slipcases aren't offered for all CD titles? I think next to traycased books, slipcased ones are something to behold.

Is it cost prohibitive? I imagine that I am not the only one who would be willing to pay extra for a hot foil stamped slipcase.

I have seen other publishers offer them during the preorder phase of production and seen some limited to only 100 or so. CD books are honestly some of the highest quality books I've marred with my eyeballs! I mainline the reading material!
    -Chris Lason-

nerd alert
    gamertag : calason

Brian would be a better person to answer this one, but if I had to fathom a guess I'd say it's cost prohibitive.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

And probably time is also an issue as they probably take some time to make. I'm guessing it would delay the release of a book because you'd need a physical copy of the finished book to get measurements so the case would be just right and all.

Comment

I get both of those reasons. If they were offered, it would have to be noted somewhere that it would add an extended amount of time to the receipt of the book. I'm just wondering, you know.
        -Chris Lason-

nerd alert

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
          And probably time is also an issue as they probably take some time to make. I'm guessing it would delay the release of a book because you'd need a physical copy of the finished book to get measurements so the case would be just right and all.
          Yea that's a contributing factor.

Instagram

Comment

Besides it seems alot of the slip cades fit alot of the books.Just look at the slip cases offered.I have thought about slip cases for some of the books I own.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
              Besides it seems alot of the slip cades fit alot of the books.Just look at the slip cases offered.I have thought about slip cases for some of the books I own.
              There are quite a few that do fit and I have ordered some, but they are just blank slpcases, not foil stamped with the title, author, etc. I'm just curious. I think it adds a lot to the book. They have done it for some of the Stephen King books and I think a few others.
              -Chris Lason-

nerd alert

Comment

Originally posted by calason View Post
                There are quite a few that do fit and I have ordered some, but they are just blank slpcases, not foil stamped with the title, author, etc. I'm just curious. I think it adds a lot to the book. They have done it for some of the Stephen King books and I think a few others.
                We usually only do foil stamped for Stephen King Books, or very expensive editions like "The Big Book of Necon, Artist Edition". Just thinking back through our limited I actually can't think of a slipcase that has been foil stamped.

Instagram

Comment

Off the top of my head, I think the "Vampyrric" series by Simon Clark was. Unless the slipcases were made after the book was published, and that could be the case. I thought I had some others,as well, but maybe they are the hot ticket items, Stephen King, Dean Koontz, etc. I think it would be a cool option for some of the books to have an after market slipcase. Thanks for answering!
                  -Chris Lason-

nerd alert

Comment

Originally posted by calason View Post
                    Off the top of my head, I think the "Vampyrric" series by Simon Clark was. Unless the slipcases were made after the book was published, and that could be the case. I thought I had some others,as well, but maybe they are the hot ticket items, Stephen King, Dean Koontz, etc. I think it would be a cool option for some of the books to have an after market slipcase. Thanks for answering!
                    The slipcases for The Vampyrric series is a bit of a funny story. They where actually a bit of a screw up by one of our traycase makers. They made slipcases for the lettered edition by accident instead of tray cases. So we sold the slipcases and had them make tray cases.

Instagram

Comment

the tray was cased and slipped up as a case

Comment

Working...
                      X