No announcement yet.

Please allow me to introduce myself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome aboard! To your left is your complementary bag of colorful pills. To your right, the electroshock room, but you need not to worry about that one, only Grant and Squire play in there.

Comment

Actually, were out right now; we're still drooling from the expereince! Highly recommended.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Welcome to the Dance Robert or Mike or Mr. Fulman.
        Originally posted by Robert Fulman View Post
        Hello, all. I have been lurking around for a few months, but just started posting. In real life, my name is Mike; Robert Fulman is the name of character in a book I wrote. I borrowed the initials RF from Stephen King, so that's why I use the name here and on thedarktower.org. I still get really confused when people refer to me as Robert. I like to collect books, specifically focusing on SK gift editions (can't really afford anything signed by the man himself) and anything by Lawrence Block. I also can't resist a good deal, which is why I really hate CD. In the last few months, I have signed up for ARC 5.0, purchased a dinged Knowing Darkness as well as the dinged SK grab bag, and I also recently purchased the unannounced grab bag. I really need to mellow out on that front, or buy more bookcases. One of those two.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
          i missed a dinged sk grab bag?...i could seriously cry right now. welcome mike and thank you mike rather than robert for the swap. we have a lot in common in hating cd. i havent been around long n so far spent ALL of my spending money here. but i love them all the same. welcome again
          The dinged SK grab bag was advertised as a a dinged set of books that would be of interest to SK collectors. I remember that I got SOD II, Riding the Bullet, Blockade Billy, Shivers VI, and the Justin Brooks Bibliography, along with a bunch of other Non-SK items. The worst "ding" in the bunch was that Riding the Bullet has a UPC sticker on the dust jacket.

Comment

Welcome Mike. It's good to have you out of lurker mode.
            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
              Actually, were out right now; we're still drooling from the expereince! Highly recommended.
              drool_photo.jpg

We allllll drool down here

Comment

I'm so upset I missed this. I never even heard of Cemetery Dance until the SK website posted the 25th IT which I order in January and I've been here since. Being tempted around every corner to buy something...even stuff non king related. I have been doing my best to avoid placing orders.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post

We allllll drool down here
                  It helps us float!
                  "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                    I'm so upset I missed this. I never even heard of Cemetery Dance until the SK website posted the 25th IT which I order in January and I've been here since. Being tempted around every corner to buy something...even stuff non king related. I have been doing my best to avoid placing orders.
                    Don't feel bad. There are a lot of regulars here who hadn't heard of CD before "Blockade Billy" was released.
                    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I was one of them (Blockade Billyite)

Comment

I found them a little before they announced From a Buick 8, but I'm sure there are some here that knew them much earlier than that!

Comment

Been hangin' around here since 1998! Found them on the copy write page of the trade edition of 999, it would seem that Mr. King brought us all to the dance.

Comment

I'm from the Buick 8 era myself.

Comment

Must be around '99 but for the life of me I can't remember my first CD purchase!
                              Tasmaniac Publications - dedicated to quality horror and crime
                              http://www.tasmaniacpublications.com

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                . . . . . it would seem that Mr. King brought us all to the dance.
                                It was Mr. Laymon's books for me. 2002/2003?

Jan
                                Not enough books . . . . . just too little time.

Comment

Working...
                                X