Please allow me to introduce myself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Same here, Pete. I'm already planning out which one and when...
    Ooo, anything good? And affordable?

Comment

I hope so. The key is to get it when it is first announced....
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I was hoping for some details.

Comment

I figured...
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

So thats how we're playing now?

Comment

I'm looking at A Dark & Bloody Ground by Ronald Kelly published by CD hopefully next year...
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

This I want!! Thanks Squire, good info! Now to be fast enough to pick up a copy... And fingers crossed for it to be reasonably priced!

I'm working on rebuilding my Kelly collection, thankfully theres the essential collection for that!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                  I would have to agree with that. If it would have been something I could manage buying I would have attempted to get the lettered edition of It as well, but buying the gift and signed limited took all my money at the time pretty much. Still need to get myself a lettered edition of a book someday. Also wish I could afford to purchase more of the art (especially the one of a kind Glenn Chadbourne paintings). Not that I have room to display it right now anyway though, lol
                  Yep, room can be an issue for sure - don't know about you, but I have to have all my stuff in one room so I can look at it as a total package - my partner, Connie, reckons I should spread it out into the adjacent hallway, which I'm deadset against because (to my warped way of thinking) this "splits" up the collection. Anyways, re Glenn Chadbourne, I have two "one off's" coming (purchased them from a fellow CD'er) which should be pretty cool (one's from The Stand, the other from Buick 8). I'll be posting them on my collection thread as soon as Australian Customs releases them

Comment

Space is more of an issue for me, as I live in a 1 BR apartment, lol. Have some books in the bedroom, others in the living room. Hoping to get into a 2 or 3 BR place in the next year or two so I can use 1 bedroom as my little library
                    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                    Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                      Space is more of an issue for me, as I live in a 1 BR apartment, lol. Have some books in the bedroom, others in the living room. Hoping to get into a 2 or 3 BR place in the next year or two so I can use 1 bedroom as my little library
                      Same here, two years again we were in a pokey little 1 bedroom unit in the city, with the books and other stuff stored in the garage in the basement - now we have three bedrooms, one for the library, the other for my partners art stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                        Uummm ..... Mr Enormity (or may I call you All ?? ) I'm highly embarrassed (but as Siep so clearly elucidates, on the odd occasion - I have no, absolutely no, self control) .. I cannot lay claim to five states of FDNS (the CD version) ... cos I don't have an ARC ------ yet ... Having said that, I don't have the flat signed Scribner version
                        Most people on forums call me "Norm" or even "Enorm" lol, but also "Normity". I was just wondering...do you have any signed trades by King? I've moved away a bit from the limiteds and started buying more trades. The Bag of Bones edition I have is the best with the aftermarket slipcase. But has King ever been to Australia and signed books? I would have to assume so but I'm just curious. By the way, anyone here know where I can find a slipcase for my FDNS trade??

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                          Most people on forums call me "Norm" or even "Enorm" lol, but also "Normity". I was just wondering...do you have any signed trades by King? I've moved away a bit from the limiteds and started buying more trades. The Bag of Bones edition I have is the best with the aftermarket slipcase. But has King ever been to Australia and signed books? I would have to assume so but I'm just curious. By the way, anyone here know where I can find a slipcase for my FDNS trade??
                          We had sold some, but we ran out awhile ago. I think overlook connection was selling them as well.
                          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Ok, thanks I'll check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                              Hiya Norm - has pasted a link below to Stephen King's one and only visit to Australia - I think you'll find it amusing

http://www.perthnow.com.au/entertain...-1111114196239

And, yep, have a couple of flat signed King's and a couple of inscribed (not to me though) but the majority are limited and lettered editions.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                                Hiya Norm - has pasted a link below to Stephen King's one and only visit to Australia - I think you'll find it amusing

http://www.perthnow.com.au/entertain...-1111114196239

And, yep, have a couple of flat signed King's and a couple of inscribed (not to me though) but the majority are limited and lettered editions.
                                "BEST-selling US writer Stephen King was mistaken for a vandal at an Alice Springs bookshop yesterday when customers saw him scribbling in books."

LOL that's hard to believe but at the same time, I can see people thinking that since he only made one trip to Australia, and a surprise trip at that.
                                A couple inscribed but not to you, that's something I couldn't buy. Yes, it's signed but to someone else. It would just kinda turn me off. But having said that, I wouldn't want any author inscribing a book to me directly because it all but ruins the collectibility factor. But I actually do have two books...one by Laymon and one by Ketchum...that are personally inscribed to me and I kinda like that. It sounds contradictory, but it's kinda cool actually, just as long as I only have two and not dozens, I'm ok with it.
                                Last edited by theenormityofitall; 10-21-2011, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X