Please allow me to introduce myself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
    I still can't get over that. It's not like Australia is a third world country or somethin' lol. It would seem you could just walk into a bookstore and pick it up. But like both of us said, you can always get it from Amazon and the other places online. I don't know if they'll ship overseas, but I think both Betts and the Overlook Coonection have both SOD books. But Betts would have the price you'd want...a lot lower. But as for the comics...I did buy the first full ARC of the DT one, but that was it. I then reserved the 2 HC set by Marvel. But then like a dope, I ended up buying the American Vampire comic thinking it was only a few issues long and now it's like up to 12 or something? Anyway, I just forgot about that set and wasted money on it. Like I said, just the HCs nowadays. Do you know if that series will be published in HC??
    David from Betts is almost an old friend now, I found him early on in the piece and order the odd item here and there from him As regards SoD's, I'm covered there, just waiting on my SoD V 1 Lettered which I found thanks to Mindy - when I have this in my hot little hands, I'll have five states of each book (ARC, Gift, Remarqued Gift, Signed Number and Lettered) .. As to American Vampire, I've the 2nd arc in HC, and the comics up to # 18 - there are more, but I tend to wait until a complete arc has been released then grab it.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
      I'll have five states of each book
      Now what did I tell you?!

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
        Now what did I tell you?!

sk
        Sigh ... you're right, Siep - absolutely no self control whatsoever

Comment

I'll have five states of each book (ARC, Gift, Remarqued Gift, Signed Number and Lettered)
          LOL. I think the only two states of a book I have is the limited of Little Sisters...and the Gift/Artist version whatever it's called.
          Well, I do have the trade of FDNS signed by King and I think the remarqued Gift version from here at CD? It's some Gift version. My memory's getting bad but I know I bought it here whatever it is.

Comment

I own 5 copies of only one title, "Dragon Tears" by Koontz. I have ARC, US first hb, UK first hb, pb for everyday reading, and Dark Harvest numbered. Maybe one day I'll get the lettered. I do own 2 copies of many Ketchum books and 3 of like 2.

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
              LOL. I think the only two states of a book I have is the limited of Little Sisters...and the Gift/Artist version whatever it's called.
              Well, I do have the trade of FDNS signed by King and I think the remarqued Gift version from here at CD? It's some Gift version. My memory's getting bad but I know I bought it here whatever it is.
              Uummm ..... Mr Enormity (or may I call you All ?? ) I'm highly embarrassed (but as Siep so clearly elucidates, on the odd occasion - I have no, absolutely no, self control) .. I cannot lay claim to five states of FDNS (the CD version) ... cos I don't have an ARC ------ yet ... Having said that, I don't have the flat signed Scribner version

Comment

Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
                I own 5 copies of only one title, "Dragon Tears" by Koontz. I have ARC, US first hb, UK first hb, pb for everyday reading, and Dark Harvest numbered. Maybe one day I'll get the lettered. I do own 2 copies of many Ketchum books and 3 of like 2.
                Cool, a fellow multi-copy man Particularly having the everyday copy to read (although, truth to tell, I'm a recent Kindle convert, so I'm getting a lot of "reading" copies that way nowadays) .... Jester, love the Dark Harvest "Leigh Nicholls" numbered copies - the artwork is freaking awesome !!!!!

Comment

Sigh ... you're right, Siep - absolutely no self control whatsoever
                  Damn It !!! I hate it when you're right !!!!!

Comment

(although, truth to tell, I'm a recent Kindle convert, so I'm getting a lot of "reading" copies that way nowadays)
                    Are you telling me, Grant, that you don't actually read your limiteds??
                    I like Kindle -got one myself- but nothing beats reading a lettered edition. Who care about the occasional spilled cup of coffee...

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                      Are you telling me, Grant, that you don't actually read your limiteds??
                      I like Kindle -got one myself- but nothing beats reading a lettered edition. Who care about the occasional spilled cup of coffee...

sk
                      Siep, I don't so much read my S/L and L/E's as I do .... have a close relationship with them .... fondle them, stroke them .... Oh dear, wrong thread on the wrong website ... oops ... ... Let's just say that I take great delight in my "prizes" but shelter them from any ... mishaps ?????

Comment

I own multiple versions of only a few books myself so far. Have the CD Limited, a trade 1st/1st and a signed 1st/1st of The Passage and have the CD 1st/1st and 1st/2nd of Blockade Billy.

Also have 2 copies of the gift edition of Full Dark, No Stars as well as a trade 1st/1st.

Have the gift and signed limited edition of It on order as well
                        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                        Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                          I own multiple versions of only a few books myself so far. Have the CD Limited, a trade 1st/1st and a signed 1st/1st of The Passage and have the CD 1st/1st and 1st/2nd of Blockade Billy.

Also have 2 copies of the gift edition of Full Dark, No Stars as well as a trade 1st/1st.

Have the gift and signed limited edition of It on order as well
                          There's nothing as fulfilling (as a completist) to be able to parade 3, 4 or 5 of a particular item The more, the merrier, I reckon

Comment

There's nothing as fulfilling (as a completist) to be able to parade 3, 4 or 5 of a particular item The more, the merrier, I reckon
                            I would have to agree with that. If it would have been something I could manage buying I would have attempted to get the lettered edition of It as well, but buying the gift and signed limited took all my money at the time pretty much. Still need to get myself a lettered edition of a book someday. Also wish I could afford to purchase more of the art (especially the one of a kind Glenn Chadbourne paintings). Not that I have room to display it right now anyway though, lol
                            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                            Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                              I would have to agree with that. If it would have been something I could manage buying I would have attempted to get the lettered edition of It as well, but buying the gift and signed limited took all my money at the time pretty much. Still need to get myself a lettered edition of a book someday. Also wish I could afford to purchase more of the art (especially the one of a kind Glenn Chadbourne paintings). Not that I have room to display it right now anyway though, lol
                              Ahh yes, I too dream of a lettered edition.... Some day....

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                                Ahh yes, I too dream of a lettered edition.... Some day....
                                Same here, Pete. I'm already planning out which one and when...
                                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Working...
                                X