• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ray Bradbury - RIP

Sad news.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/natio...dead-91/53215/

Sad news indeed.
    Last edited by Martin; 06-06-2012, 03:16 PM.

Comment

F)@!((!)@k !!!

Comment

Such sad news to start the day with, for me he was America's greatest author.

“Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to thinking of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy. All it is, however, is a stopped watch, a loss, an end, a darkness. Nothing.”
        ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes
        If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

Oh wow - one of the Great Ones is gone.
          Sad news indeed.

sk

Comment

I was just about to post this.
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I was going to start this thread, but it seems bad news travels fast. I'm so saddened. The literary world has lost one its true giants. We'll miss you Ray.
              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Comment

Had to order a copy of Shadow Show as it is a tribute to Ray.....

Comment

Originally posted by paperdragon View Post
                    Such sad news to start the day with, for me he was America's greatest author.

“Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to thinking of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy. All it is, however, is a stopped watch, a loss, an end, a darkness. Nothing.”
                    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes
                    Great quote. The man is a legend and will be missed by many of his avid readers. I remember just last year exposing my 11 (at the time) year old daughter to his writing and feeling like a was giving her a special gift. RIP.
                    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Literally woke up just now to this news. My day is ruined before it started.

Very few giants walked the Earth these days. Now there is one less. RIP Mr. Bradbury.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                        Had to order a copy of Shadow Show as it is a tribute to Ray.....
                        Brad, you should have done that the day it was announced. I did. It looks like a great collection, and the latest update looks like it will be available soon.
                        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                          Literally woke up just now to this news. My day is ruined before it started.

Very few giants walked the Earth these days. Now there is one less. RIP Mr. Bradbury.
                          Well said.

Comment

This image was tweeted by Gabriel Rodriguez today:
                            Bradbury.jpg

Comment

I'm still emotional about this, but have to go int owork for a bit. I hope my eyes aren't too red when I get there....
                              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Working...
                              X