No announcement yet.

e-readers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kindle definitely wins. Very nice Grant, love the bookcase cover you have on it!

Comment

Not when you love red as much as I do...its sexy. lol.

PRSACL10R.jpg

Comment

Kindles are also wayyyyyy to big. I picked the sony because reviews said it was the easiest to read. Better contrast.

Comment

I need BIG cos of my failing eyesight - yours is very nice Teri - red is good, true

Comment

Well I can still make the font BIG. but To each his own anyway.

Comment

The DX allows multiple font sizes too, however; I really enjoy, for some twisted reason, reading more than three words per screen page - although I guess the slow reveal builds the suspense, right

Comment

I have mine set to regular book font. the Average, just feels like I am reading a paperback without the hasle of holding it open. I can hold it or put it wherever I want and I am good to go. Love this thing. Havent read a single book since I got it. Yet, I have bought more books since I got it than I had in my entire life. lol

Comment

But, Mr. Woot....it's not red...
                  "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Just tried to give ya rep for that squire but I cant. Dang it

Comment

remember, 3 others before doling out more to the same person!
                      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I prefer actual books myself..people keep telling me I should have a kindle/nook/whatever, but I'm too old school...as kluzty as I am, I'm not going to spend $70+ only to drop an break it...I do enough poking and prodding on an ipad at work, I don't want to do the same thing to read an online book.

Comment

I know but it only strikes me to do it once in a while and since it tends to be the same few people I usually can't

Comment

Originally posted by tweetygirl0606 View Post
                            I prefer actual books myself..people keep telling me I should have a kindle/nook/whatever, but I'm too old school...as kluzty as I am, I'm not going to spend $70+ only to drop an break it...I do enough poking and prodding on an ipad at work, I don't want to do the same thing to read an online book.
                            Ipads and ereaders are nothing alike because the screen is so much easier to read on an ereader. no backlight to give ya a headache or anything. Its just like looking at a normal page. also, I dont think I could break mine if I tried...an Ipad on the other hand I'd break on day 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                              Just tried to give ya rep for that squire but I cant. Dang it
                              Gawd ... some people are soooo easy to please !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                                Ipads and ereaders are nothing alike because the screen is so much easier to read on an ereader. no backlight to give ya a headache or anything. Its just like looking at a normal page. also, I dont think I could break mine if I tried...an Ipad on the other hand I'd break on day 2.
                                I find the key with the backlight screens is to change the reading colors and brightness. My tablet and phone are set to a black background with white text and when I'm reading on it I've got it set pretty dim. I've never gotten a headache from it. Then again I probably spend 75% of my life looking at a computer or tv screen so it'd never hurt my eyes anyways....
                                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Working...
                                X