Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video Game Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    No ,I resent my password and got the All Clear ID protection for the year, but it went out after that. I don't know what's wrong with it, I keep getting a number to give to the tech guys, but I never did it. If I wiped the hardrive and reformatted it, it would probably work.
    "I'm a vegan. "

    ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

    Comment


      #47
      i see, strange deal. I usually play offline since I'm into rpgs. But I like to get my shooter action on as well from time to time.

      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
        Well look at Diablo III. Major title. No connection, no play. Even single player will require online connection.
        Is that just PC? I've seen that before for computers but never a console.

        Comment


          #49
          Yup, just pc. For now. Theres been some talk of a console version, but nothing has been confirmed.

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
            Yup, just pc. For now. Theres been some talk of a console version, but nothing has been confirmed.
            You know why they do that right? It's blizzards way of trying to keep people from pirating the game. Game pirating isn't really something that consoles have to worry about too much.
            CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

            Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

            Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

            Comment


              #51
              Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
              You know why they do that right? It's blizzards way of trying to keep people from pirating the game. Game pirating isn't really something that consoles have to worry about too much.
              From what I understand it's a pain in the ass to hack a console to play copied or pirated games. Plus I think having a disc is required to play anyway.

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
                From what I understand it's a pain in the ass to hack a console to play copied or pirated games. Plus I think having a disc is required to play anyway.
                In most cases, it requires a hardware modification which completely voids any and all warranty's. I think the only exception is the Nintendo Wii, which can be software moded (I actually did this to my Wii). Lets me play all my "old school" original Nintendo roms on it, as well as some other functionality that Nintendo never built into it which they should have.
                CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                Non-Work related social media and what not:
                Instagram

                Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                Comment


                  #53
                  That would be cool to try with the Wii. I don't think I have the technical skills to do hardware mods though.

                  Comment


                    #54
                    None of the games I have will let me play without the internet because once theres an update for the game it won't let you play anymore until you update it. GTA, COD for sure that I know of. I couldn't play Black ops even offline the entire time the newwork was down because there was an update I didnt have yet and couldnt get.

                    Comment


                      #55
                      When I was over in Japan, people where paying $50 ($5000 yen) to have their PS2s chipped so they could play japanese games before they hit the states, bangkok bootlegs, and games that never made it to the us (usually for grotesque violence.) I remember playing the japanese version of Onimusha about a year before it hit us markets. I didn't understand a lot of the story, but it was awesome! I think my PS2 is still chipped (I've had 3 and chipped two of them), but I don't have any of those games anymore...
                      "I'm a vegan. "

                      ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                        None of the games I have will let me play without the internet because once theres an update for the game it won't let you play anymore until you update it. GTA, COD for sure that I know of. I couldn't play Black ops even offline the entire time the newwork was down because there was an update I didnt have yet and couldnt get.
                        Weird, I never had the problem with COD on the xbox. Granted I never bothered getting Black Ops or MW3, so it may have been different with those games. I do like GTA, but I could just never justify purchasing them, when I know I'd get bored of it after a couple of hours (open world games do that to me).
                        CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                        Non-Work related social media and what not:
                        Instagram

                        Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                        Comment


                          #57
                          GTA is the only open world game I like. I find others just try to imitate it for the most part. Used to be my favorite series but I tried playing GTAV again recently and couldnt get into it. I dont know if its because I was already done with it or because It's not my thing anymore. We'll see when the new one comes out. If you like COD you have to get Black Op and/or MW3, the online experience has gotten much better. I was addicted to both for a long time when I got them. One I prestiged I felt like I completed my mission or something n stopped playing. I think I just got too lazy to sit up after work to be honest. lol.

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                            GTA is the only open world game I like. I find others just try to imitate it for the most part. Used to be my favorite series but I tried playing GTAV again recently and couldnt get into it. I dont know if its because I was already done with it or because It's not my thing anymore. We'll see when the new one comes out. If you like COD you have to get Black Op and/or MW3, the online experience has gotten much better. I was addicted to both for a long time when I got them. One I prestiged I felt like I completed my mission or something n stopped playing. I think I just got too lazy to sit up after work to be honest. lol.
                            COD MW2 was alright, but I dropped it the second Battlefield Bad Company 2 came out, which I played pretty much straight up until Battlefield 3 came out.
                            CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                            Non-Work related social media and what not:
                            Instagram

                            Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                            Comment


                              #59
                              I prefer the battlefield series as well. Bad Company 2 was fantastic!

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                                I prefer the battlefield series as well. Bad Company 2 was fantastic!
                                It really was. I wish they'd throw some of those maps into BF3.
                                CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                                Non-Work related social media and what not:
                                Instagram

                                Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X