No announcement yet.

Contest!!! (attempt 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High gas prices this time of year during a presidential election year is going to be the norm.Watch gas will drop right before the election to make the president look good.It has been done the last 2 presidential election cycles.It is the new way for the government to look good.See what we did for you reelect us.We keep falling for it.
    Maybe Mindy could run for president.She does such a great job keeping things moving along at CD.Maybe she could do the same for our country.

Comment

I thought it was the highest here to be honest, was surprised to see my aussie friend up there paying more. They are predicting ours to hit $2/liter by some point in the summer since it always goes crazy high then. That about $7.57/Gallon. We have regulated prices so they can do what they want. Last year the gov't used the interrupter clause and sent it way back down to something like $1.10/litre...hopefully they'll come through again if it gets much higher.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
        High gas prices this time of year during a presidential election year is going to be the norm.Watch gas will drop right before the election to make the president look good.It has been done the last 2 presidential election cycles.It is the new way for the government to look good.See what we did for you reelect us.We keep falling for it.
        Maybe Mindy could run for president.She does such a great job keeping things moving along at CD.Maybe she could do the same for our country.
        Actually the prices have more to due with demand and world events and not politics. When prices dropped last time there was president who could benefit from it. The crap with oranges is what has prices so high right now. And I might just have to vote for Mindy, that sounds like a good idea!
        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
        Spoiler!

Comment

Oranges?

Comment

lol, that's what I get for doing it on my phone! The crap with Iran!! How autocorrect got oranges is beyond me
            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
            Spoiler!

Comment

I thought yas were having some orange crisis down there or something. lol

Comment

We might have an orange crisis also.due to winter returning after a week of 80's.Maybe if we figured out how to turn oranges into fuel the polititions will say that is why oranges are priced high like they did with corn.Buy the way demand for gas is down and we export more gas then import.the whole system is a mess.MINDY CAN YOU PLEASE FIX IT FOR US???

Comment

We're going a little OT here
                  If someone's interestede in Italy car gas is at 1.990euro/litre. According to wikipedia on 5 march 2012it was at 1.77euro/litre which was 0.759 euro (initial price) + 0.704 euro (taxes) and 0.3 euros (vat). taxation of the taxes... yay ! the worst thing is that these taxes includes all sort of "contributions" including 3 wars (etiopia 1933 (!!!), lebanon 1983 and bosnia 1996) for 0.11 euros, and 5 national calamities (earthquakes and floods in 1963,1966,1968,1976,1980) for 0.10 euros all of which should have been removed a long time ago... Then there are "culture" contribution, a contribution to buy electric buses (AFAIK public transposrtation are all privete companies...) and others...
                  Is there a similar situation somewhere else in the world ?

BTW today's at 10 it was a lovely 21°C outside and in march in the middle of the Alps its quite strange ! Need to hydrate my skin with some beer

Comment

uhh??? What was this originally about.Oh yea the contest.Please winners show us your books.Now about those gas prices................

Comment

Originally posted by th3l0rd View Post
                      We're going a little OT here
                      If someone's interestede in Italy car gas is at 1.990euro/litre. According to wikipedia on 5 march 2012it was at 1.77euro/litre which was 0.759 euro (initial price) + 0.704 euro (taxes) and 0.3 euros (vat). taxation of the taxes... yay ! the worst thing is that these taxes includes all sort of "contributions" including 3 wars (etiopia 1933 (!!!), lebanon 1983 and bosnia 1996) for 0.11 euros, and 5 national calamities (earthquakes and floods in 1963,1966,1968,1976,1980) for 0.10 euros all of which should have been removed a long time ago... Then there are "culture" contribution, a contribution to buy electric buses (AFAIK public transposrtation are all privete companies...) and others...
                      Is there a similar situation somewhere else in the world ?

BTW today's at 10 it was a lovely 21°C outside and in march in the middle of the Alps its quite strange ! Need to hydrate my skin with some beer

Wanna say that again in english? lol. I converted Litres so it wasn't confusing now you put yours in liters, which is fine, litres are not confusing...but then u use euros and add tax without adding it and wtf is Vat?

Comment

I got it though. Its about $2.35/liter CAD, slightly more/less american depending on the day. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                          Wanna say that again in english? lol. I converted Litres so it wasn't confusing now you put yours in liters, which is fine, litres are not confusing...but then u use euros and add tax without adding it and wtf is Vat?
                          IIRC a gallon is about 3.5 litres, 1$ is about 0.75 euros, vat is value added tax(a sort of sales tax. actualli is 21% of the sale price). long story short... 1 gallon of gas is about 9USD and about 60% of that (in Italy) are taxes
                          Last edited by th3l0rd; 03-31-2012, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                            I thought it was the highest here to be honest, was surprised to see my aussie friend up there paying more. They are predicting ours to hit $2/liter by some point in the summer since it always goes crazy high then. That about $7.57/Gallon. We have regulated prices so they can do what they want. Last year the gov't used the interrupter clause and sent it way back down to something like $1.10/litre...hopefully they'll come through again if it gets much higher.
                            The only saving grace I have re the absurd fuel prices down here in Oz is a company car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

its scheduled to arrive monday. This weekend will probably go so slow!

Comment

kamagra opinie

good Kharma keeps the wheel turning...
                                kamagra żel

Comment

Working...
                                X