Chuck Palahniuk local news story:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuck Palahniuk local news story:

There are several Palahniuk fans here so I thought I would share a loca news story involving him:

WASHOUGAL, Wash. -- Bestselling author Chuck Palahniuk escaped serious injury after a semi trailer rolled over and crashed into his car Friday morning, police said.
    The semi was headed westbound on SR 14, near milepost 22, and Palahniuk was parked in a driveway on the north side of the highway, according to the Washington State Patrol incident report.
    When the semi driver took a curve too fast, his trailer tipped over and slid toward the car. The trailer struck the side of the car before coming to rest blocking the westbound lanes, the report read.
    Palahniuk said he had a sore neck after the crash, accoring to the injury report, but he was not taken to a hospital. The semi driver was not injured. He was cited for speeding.
    The semi tractor remained upright throughout the crash. The car and the trailer were totaled.

Wow. That sounds like some very scary stuff.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Damn! you never know...very scary stuff indeed!
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Here is a photo of the trailer. This could have been a tragic story.
        palahniuk+crash02.jpg

Comment

Wow. Good to hear that it was nothing serious!

Comment

Maybe he'll do a 'King' and write it into a story!
            Tasmaniac Publications - dedicated to quality horror and crime
            http://www.tasmaniacpublications.com

Comment

They do not give out the exact location but I believe that is a stretch of road I have traveled many times.

Comment

But I don't see anyplace where Chuck could have been sitting in a driveway, and still been hit. Unless that trailer moved a long way.
                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Here is a photo that I believe was taken from the driveway. Based on the other photos I believe the driveway is just out of the shot I posted earlier. The trailer appears too have slid a long way.
                  palahniuk+crash05.jpg

Comment

That's a much better context photo. Glad everyone was alright.
                    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by Tasmaniac View Post
                      Maybe he'll do a 'King' and write it into a story!
                      That was very similar to my first thought, Maybe he'll pull a king and write himself into his next story

Comment

I thought he already did that with Haunted--he didn't name himself as such, but I assumed the he was the narrator of the book.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Maybe he did, personally I have never even heard of the guy. I dont read much, which you wouldnt expect someone here to say. lol.

Comment

How about movies Teri? You haven't seen Fight Club??

Comment

Yeah, bet Teri has, but she's observing the 1st rule of Fight Club (or something)

Comment

Working...
                              X