Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to help us pick a cover artist for a zombie book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to help us pick a cover artist for a zombie book?

We have an unannounced ZOMBIE book starting into production that needs an epic piece of cover artwork. It needs to be stunning, beautiful, horrifying, and perfect for an expensive signed Limited Edition book. I can't tell you who the author is or the title of the book, but just about any kind of epic zombie scene would work.

I'm looking for suggestions of who we could hire to provide a painting/drawing/photograph/Etch A Sketch for the cover of this book. We can always ask any of our usual suspects that we love working with, but I'm also totally open to a new artist, whether that means someone new on the scene or one of the great talents we haven't had a chance to work with yet. (If it's someone brand new, please feel free to post links to their work, especially anything that shows how they handle "epic" or "zombie" art.)

This is not about "voting" for someone, so no one needs to get all of their friends to flood this thread with posts supporting a particular artist. We may use someone who is suggested or we may not, but I thought it might be fun to get some feedback at this stage from our collectors.

So... does anyone have any suggestions?
    Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Don Maitz is an artist i love but Glenn Chadbourne always does a great job with all things zombie!

Comment

Just to cover the standards...I could always use a new cover by Bernie Wrightson, Tomislav Tikulin or Vinent Chong!! I'll have to find some lesser knowns too....

Comment

I Love Glenn Chadbourne, he may be the most obvious choice but he is used that often for a reason.

Comment

Vincent Chong. His work is astonishing. He brings so much to a cover. I love his work.
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I also agree with Squire. I hadn't heard of Vincent Chong til I just googled him and his work looks fantastic.

Comment

His cover for CD's Picking the Bones is one of the best I've seen.

And thanks for the kind words, Teri! LOL
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

my kind words to you are rare eh? lol. Til u post another book you have that I want. But he really is good.

Comment

Nice chap too, met him several times!

Comment

I would like to see Gabriel Rodriguez do come work with CD.
                    Land_Of_The_Dead_promo_art_by_GabrielRodriguez.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
                      We have an unannounced ZOMBIE book starting into production that needs an epic piece of cover artwork.
                      Hmmm...is this an anniversarry edition Brian?
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I always love to see Bernie Wrightson work. Or John Totleben who did wonderful work on Swamp Thing back in the day, including some amazing painted covers. Here's a sample of a painted Swamp Thing, and a pen and ink Miracleman cover.

Swamp_Thing_034_00-23-FC.jpgmm-15.jpg
                        Last edited by TerryE; 03-21-2012, 09:28 PM.
                        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

or maybe a re-release special edition of World War Z in honor of the movie being due this year. Maybe it sucks I dont know just looking into zombie stuff n it came up.

Comment

Jonathan Richards -- He goes by Chaos the Redking over on the Stephen King message board. If you look at his profile, he has albums with some of his artwork. If you contact him, I'm sure he could provide you with better views of his work. If you double click on his work in the album, it does enlarge it, but I know he has more he could show you.

I would really like to see someone plucked from obscurity. Everyone needs a chance, everyone needs a shot. I'm guessing this honor would mean a lot to any artist but especially to one trying to break in.

There is a definite network of authors and artists, they are brilliant and hardworking and you get to know them and they become friends -- it's so easy to just turn to them over and over again. I'm here for the little guy. Reach down into the masses and pull someone new up.

Take a chance.
                            Last edited by Hedda Gabler; 03-21-2012, 09:48 PM.
                            "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Gabriel Rodriguez would be awesome. Jae Lee did some amazing stuff in the Dark Tower comics.

Blu
                              Visit my horror/crime fiction blog October Country.
                              Stalk me on Twitter: @BluGilliand.

Comment

Working...
                              X