No announcement yet.

Picture Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know I'm not supposed to post back-to-back, but we need to get this rolling again.

Charles Vess art of the denizens of Faerie coming to Earth to view Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream", from Sandman #19. The fairy creature on the absinthe bottle looked a lot like Vess art, and fairies too.

vess_midsummernight.jpg
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Comment

Nice art! I'm not going to ask how you know about the event, though.
        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

"I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

bryan-berg-card-stacker.jpg

Comment

hahahaha...I didn't even see the house of cards in my picture!
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                Nice art! I'm not going to ask how you know about the event, though.
                actually don't know much about it, just googled Faerie and Vess from your post and thats what I got.

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                  actually don't know much about it, just googled Faerie and Vess from your post and thats what I got.
                  Yeah! Right! lol

Comment

I found that pic when I searched "a midsummer night's dream" earlier, but it didn't interest me much so I passed it up.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

White_Vein.jpg

Comment

I have NO idea what that is.....but it looks like a creeping vine.

"I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Hmmm, I'm curious as to what that is as well. Hard to tell from the picture...

Comment

It is a sculpture made from playing cards.

Comment

Okay, here's one of the biggest stretches on the thread, so we definitely need explanation. A picture of Newcastle upon Tyne, England. It's where Geordie's come from. From the picture description (if it helps the next person). "The Gateshead Millennium Bridge in tilt mode over the Tyne river to allow boats to pass underneath. The Sage Music Centre is visible in the background."

england-newcastle.jpg

Comment

So that relates to the pic of Stephen King in Creepshow how? I'm not questioning your judgement, just my understanding of it...
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X