Grab Bags 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
    Thanks Pete, 'tis probably cos I was a mudder ducker in a past life maybe ???
    What a mouth on you Mr. Wooten! Last weekend I caught the end of the David Mamet movie "Heist" on regular TV and what a hoot that was. If you aren't familiar with Mamet's work (and if you aren't, go out immediately and watch "Glengarry Glen Ross") most of his work is, um... let's just call it profanity laden. Anyway, on the safe for TV version, one of the characters calls another a "cork soaking mother father".
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

<sigh> yep, potty mouth from waaaay back You have me curious of the Glengarry Glen Ross, the name resonates in rthe back of what passes for my brain, so it does Ah, maybe Teri was keeping with the whole duck theme, and meant to type Fliers ???????

Comment

Glengarry Glen Ross, starring Al Pacino, Jack Lemmon, Alan Arkin, Ed Harris, Kevin Spacey, Alec Baldwin, and Jonathan Pryce. About the pressures of being a slimy real estate salesman. Brilliant dialogue and a cast that can't be beat. One of my all time favorite movies, and one I can watch over and over and over again.
        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Recent developments in this thread have me... confused...

Comment

Com'on, Pete. Just go with it. Most threads have been usurped in some way. But someone eventually leads them back on point. Eventually...
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Let's just say that I have the ability to convince someone that what I am telling them is true no matter how far fetched. In the case of the co-worker several people kept telling her that I was just messing with her and as soon as she was sure I was telling a lie I would convince her I was telling the truth. This went on for several days.
              Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
              WFT ???? Did I miss the left turn of the thread into the freaking Twilight Zone, and am I not seeing the Forrest Gump for the chocolates ???? And, Martin, are you that good that your pants are on fire mate ???

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                Any word on the announcement for the Novella Series book? Thought it was supposed to be this month? Today's the last day of the month, lol
                Probably be next week. Since I didn't get to announce this week like I wanted, here's a sneak peek at the cover artwork:

Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Very nice artwork. Was gonna ask who did it but then I cought the sig in the corner..I almost didnt see it.

Comment

Nice cover!

Comment

Is that someone jumping off the Dark Tower.
                      Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
                      Probably be next week. Since I didn't get to announce this week like I wanted, here's a sneak peek at the cover artwork:

Comment

I Wish but it'd be the first time i'd seen the DT with a clock on it. lol.

Comment

Maybe it's someone who learned to fly by thinking "bad thoughts!"
                          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

But we all know time is different in mid world.
                            Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                            I Wish but it'd be the first time i'd seen the DT with a clock on it. lol.

Comment

I don't think the novella has anything to do with the TD. But the Author has a lot to do with SK
                              " a.k.a brother odd"

Comment

BTW, glad to see this Author being Published more!
                                " a.k.a brother odd"

Comment

Working...
                                X