Just a Suggestion...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a Suggestion...

I find CD doesn't give enough information on release dates. I understand this information is not always known but there are always rumors or at least some kind of idea. When I initially ordered the "IT" artwork I did email Mindy about a release date as it was not posted and promptly got a reply saying it would be sometime in March, which was excellent to know so I am not sitting around wondering (It was posted about a week later on the website) I am obviously not going to bother poor Mindy every time I have a question like this.

Right now I am wondering when "Pure" is going to be available. Site says 2012 that's it. This could be December for all we know. Would be nice to have something like Spring or Summer 2012 to be posted until an actual date is available.

I'm also waiting on the Signed "Night of the Living Dead" script which is from another publisher apparently so it is completely understandable for CD to not have a release date. I am sure there are many other titles with not much information listed as well, I'm just saying it might be a good idea to be at least give somewhat of an idea.

Then again, there could be a very good reason on CD's end for not posting this information. You never know.

Hi Teriw,

Release dates are something that we don't like to even give a guess on, until signatures sheets are signed and back in our hands. As oh so often, it ends up being the sig sheets that hold up the entire process. Typically the closer we get to production, the more detailed updates we give. Brian has been very good lately about providing those updates on a regular basis.

Edit: The night of the living dead scripts, came in from Glenn from remarquing, and I think they are with the binder at the moment.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

<dribble> <drool> .. can't wait for the remarqued NoTLD to arrive

Comment

Thanks for the info Dan. I had always assumed that the signature sheets would already be in hand once the item is put up for pre-order. Maybe adding a small section for Signed Pre-orders could be added to the form email you get when you place your order. giving people this information. Maybe I'm the only one who cares, I don't know as I said Just a suggestion.

I was looking at the "Pure" info again as well and was curious why its "698" copies. Made me wonder if the number was significant in someway. you know like if something Dark Tower was released might only have 19 or 1919 copies. something like that. You would think there would be 700 copies, if there was no significance. Then again maybe it was 700 and CD kept two for themselves. I hate when I dont know something. lol.

If I were a Cat, I'd be dead by now

Comment

oh and I forgot to thank Dan for the update on NOTLD, This was a purchase hopefully in time for my boyfriends Birthday, he collects movies not books. I hope he likes it considering he doesnt even own Night of the Living Dead...lol. If he doesnt I'll have to keep it for myself and buy him something else...haha

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
            I was looking at the "Pure" info again as well and was curious why its "698" copies. Made me wonder if the number was significant in someway. you know like if something Dark Tower was released might only have 19 or 1919 copies. something like that. You would think there would be 700 copies, if there was no significance. Then again maybe it was 700 and CD kept two for themselves. I hate when I dont know something. lol.

If I were a Cat, I'd be dead by now
            I think someone asked this exact question on a different message board the other day. The answer is that we negotiated 750 copies with the rights holder (in most cases the NY publisher). So 750 copies, minus the 52 lettered editions, leaves us with 698 copies of the limited edition to sell. It doesn't always work out this way, but most of the time when we have to deal with the Trade Publishers it does.

Instagram

Comment

Thanks again, excellent prompt answers...i love dealing with a small company like this. Sorry about the duplicate question though. I'm new and I can't read everything. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                Thanks again, excellent prompt answers...i love dealing with a small company like this. Sorry about the duplicate question though. I'm new and I can't read everything. Lol.
                Don't worry it wasn't a duplicate. The question was asked on a different message board.

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                X