Bookworm 1's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srboone View Post
    I watched space ghost as a superhero cartoon growing up; saw pieces of him recycled as a talkshow host in the 90's but found it uninteresting (he was pretty lame as a superhero too).
    Never really got into the show but the comics do look nice.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
      I watched space ghost as a superhero cartoon growing up; saw pieces of him recycled as a talkshow host in the 90's but found it uninteresting (he was pretty lame as a superhero too).
      It was pretty uninteresting. It had it's moments, but as a whole pretty lame.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
        Like the Space Ghost comics! And I never knew that McFarlane took a shot at Spiderman!
        That Spiderman run is what made MacFarlane so famous! He'd done Infinity, Inc. for DC which looked good, but wasn't that big. Then Marvel lured him over to do the Hulk and when the work with him and writer Peter David got so hot, he got the Spidey gig. And the rest, as they say, is history! He was perfect for Spidey. The webs were cool, there weren't too many giant capes, and Mary Jane looked great.
        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
          Here is a limited SpaceGhost series.[ATTACH=CONFIG]8304[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8305[/ATTACH]
          BW, were these covers by Steve Rude? I love the Dude and he always loved Space Ghost. Or maybe on a second look these might be Alex Ross covers.
          "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
            It was pretty uninteresting. It had it's moments, but as a whole pretty lame.
            I loved Brak, but that was about it.

Comment

The Spaceghost covers were Alex Ross I believe.The box is back in place and this be another crazy week 2 of my kids have birthdays this week Sunday is Mothers day and next Wednesday is my other sons birthday.May is more costly then December.The Space ghosts comics I picked up because they were in the reduced set bin and I thought they had to be better then the interview show they did.I did like this series of comics.

Comment

So, if you had to choose, BW, which is you favorite individual comic? Not series or graphic novel, but single comic.
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Hmmm.Spiderman and The avengers I have read since I was young.If you mean 1 comic book then it would have to be a reprint of vault of horror.That along with Bradbury's Martian Chronicles must have been read so much I wore them both out.

Comment

Individual comic book? A person who can select a single favorite book is a person to be reckoned with...for instance, I can say that Daredevil #191 is my single favorite comic book of all time. It contains the story "Roulette" in which Daredevil pays a visit to Bullseye in the hospital after DD beat the crap outta him and plays Russian Roulette with him with a .38 Special. Bullseye obviously can't pullthe trigger himself, so DD does it for him. All the while DD is recounting how BE has seriously f***ed up his life and he has everyreason to kill him.
                    Last edited by srboone; 05-07-2012, 10:31 PM.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Wow how many times have you read it to know it so well?Or is it just like a book that stuck with you after 1 reading sooooo good you never forgot it.I have to think on this.I will.

Comment

I'd read it several times when I was in the comic business; haven't read it in years, but it's story is unforgettable (coupled with the fact that is a Frank Miller DD!); I just place great stock in choices that people can unequivically cite as a favorite (even a least favorite)--it tells me that a person has really thought about their choice, that's all.
                        Last edited by srboone; 05-07-2012, 11:13 PM.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I really liked that DD issue as well Squire. Can't remember it as well as you, iv'e only read it a handful of times. I remember one comic I really liked was Powers. Had the first collection of issues, but then someone borrowed it and never gave it back.

Comment

I think my single issue favorite might be "Swamp Thing" # 29. This issue has one of the most intense openings I've ever read, in any literature, and is the beginning of Abby's (literal) descent into Hell.

Comment

Can't really think of one that sticks out but when TMcF was writing I was stressed waiting for each issue.When I saw the trades in the store years later I jumped all over them.So probably from when he was writing.More recently Spiderman has gotten back on track and I feel the way I did about it back 20 years ago.

Comment

CNXT0001.jpgCNXT0002.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X