No announcement yet.

Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really? I've never heard of that happening. 7 did change quite a bit compared to the others though. Vista and XP were both horrible, im surprised anything worked on them for ya. lol

Comment

Microsoft has a consistent track record of hit/miss/hit/miss. , W98--hit, W2000/millenium--miss, Wxp--hit, Vista--miss, W7--hit.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
        True, but i thought we all knew already its a cd-rom
        Guess I didn't

Comment

Yea, I hadn't even realized it until I saw it on facebook the other day. lol. but I would like to know why ANYONE would think that XP was good. I hated that damn thing, could not wait to upgrade to Vista, then hated that piece of crap just as much. I was in heaven when I got windows 7 though. fastest I have ever seen a computer boot up or wake up. and two years later my computer still booted just as quick and I hadn't needed to format once. Then one day I found a Trojan, and I NEVER get viruses but I made the stupid mistake of downloading something I shouldn't have. I still had no problems with it but decided after two years why the hell not make a pre-emptive strike and just format the sucker, So I did and it was even easier than it used to be to do. I almost had to reinstall vista first thought because my sony upgrade disk just kept saying you already have windows 7, no shit I wanna get rid of it and do it again. Anyway, it wouldnt let me but I had an illegal copy of windows 7 and I just used that disc to do everything then used the LEGAL security key from the upgrade disc and it worked perfect. Sorry, I rambled, oh well.

Comment

As I said earlier I have an XP, Vista and 7 PC. I actually like all three of them but probably like Vista the best of them all.
            Originally posted by Teriw View Post
            Yea, I hadn't even realized it until I saw it on facebook the other day. lol. but I would like to know why ANYONE would think that XP was good. I hated that damn thing, could not wait to upgrade to Vista, then hated that piece of crap just as much. I was in heaven when I got windows 7 though. fastest I have ever seen a computer boot up or wake up. and two years later my computer still booted just as quick and I hadn't needed to format once. Then one day I found a Trojan, and I NEVER get viruses but I made the stupid mistake of downloading something I shouldn't have. I still had no problems with it but decided after two years why the hell not make a pre-emptive strike and just format the sucker, So I did and it was even easier than it used to be to do. I almost had to reinstall vista first thought because my sony upgrade disk just kept saying you already have windows 7, no shit I wanna get rid of it and do it again. Anyway, it wouldnt let me but I had an illegal copy of windows 7 and I just used that disc to do everything then used the LEGAL security key from the upgrade disc and it worked perfect. Sorry, I rambled, oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              I wish that was true. I have multiple programs that run fine on Vista and XP but will not work on 7.

7 has an XP mode that handles all that crap. One of our programs at work the manufacturer hasn't updated yet and it's a kind of a big deal for us.

Comment

Thanks, I will look into that. The desktop running 7 is new so I am still learning 7.
                Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
                7 has an XP mode that handles all that crap. One of our programs at work the manufacturer hasn't updated yet and it's a kind of a big deal for us.

Comment

Have not had time lately to take any new photo's. I will try to fit a few in here and there.

Comment

Next up is Knowing Darkness. The size of this is extreme. I took a picture of it next to 11/22/63 to provide some scale. It is a hair thinner than 11/22/63.
                    P1170975.jpgP1170971.jpgP1170972.jpgP1170973.jpgP1170974.jpg
                    This group also shows both sides of the slipcase and both sides of the book as well.

Comment

Here are some interior shots of the book.
                      P1170976.jpgP1170988.jpgP1170977.jpgP1170979.jpgP1170980.jpgP1170981.jpg

Comment

Just a few more from Knowing Darkness:
                        P1170982.jpgP1170983.jpgP1170984.jpgP1170985.jpgP1170986.jpgP1170987.jpg

Comment

Do I ever wish I had the money to grab knowing darkness. Every king collector should have one.

Comment

The 300-copy signed limited edition of Knowing Darkness is even more massive! I still have my copy in its shipping box because I have nowhere else to put it!

John

Comment

That is one beautiful book!! Or rather tome!

Comment

That one is on my wish list.
                                Originally posted by jhanic View Post
                                The 300-copy signed limited edition of Knowing Darkness is even more massive! I still have my copy in its shipping box because I have nowhere else to put it!

John

Comment

Working...
                                X