Clear All

A Cemtery Dance Signed ARC courtesy of Brian James Freeman's Patreon:
    IMG_3334.JPEGIMG_3335.JPEG

Comment

The Night Parade by Ronald Malfi
      Cemetery Dance Graveyard editions:
      IMG_3321.JPEGIMG_3322.JPEGIMG_3323.JPEG

Comment

Harboring Monsters: Illustrated Creatures form the tales of Phillip Fracassi:
        IMG_3324.JPEGIMG_3325.JPEGIMG_3326.JPEGIMG_3327.JPEGIMG_3328.JPEG

Comment

The Black Phone by Joe Hill (20th Century Ghost movie tie in):
          I was not actually planning on buying this but Mr. Hill offered it through hid charity do I went for it.
          IMG_3329.JPEGIMG_3330.JPEG

Comment

McSweeney's 66 featuring Willie the Weirdo by Stephen King:
            IMG_3331.JPEGIMG_3332.JPEG

Comment

Fairy Tale by Stephen King
              This is the US and UK 1st editions:
              I thoroughly enjoyed this story. I will add that this is not a horror story, and it is not a fast-paced story. It is a well written fairy tale.

IMG_3343.JPEGIMG_3345.JPEGIMG_3344.JPEGIMG_3346.JPEG

Comment

This Time Tomorrow by Emma Straub
                I think I bought this last spring. I have wanted to read Emma Straub for a long time, and I read a blurb that this was a story about a person dealing with her father's illness and pending death. Knowing her father had been battling serious health issues I expected a very personal story.
                I did not get around to reading it until after Mr. Straub's passing. I will finish it tonight but here are my thoughts so far.
                I will start by adding that my thoughts are clearly skewed by my expectations.
                So, I was expecting a personal story about losing a loved one. The book started as just that but also started at a very slow pace. About a quarter of the way in I was really getting into the story, and it took an abrupt turn and became a time travel story that appeared to have nothing to do with the main premise. The change was really jarring and really pulled me out of the story. At about the halfway point I found that I was really into the time travel story but somewhat puzzled about how it would tie back to the original premise. Now about 40 pages from the end I can say that she has brought the story full circle and I expect to be very satisfied by the end. It has been a strange journey, but I must admit that Emma Straub can really tell a story.
                Note: At about the mid-point of the book I read the dust jacket liner notes and it clearly describes it as a time travel story.
                IMG_3347.JPEGIMG_3348.JPEGIMG_3349.JPEG

Comment

I have that Emma Straub book on my Amazon list. It sounds pretty good. Might just order it soon.Dark Screams is something I’m looking forward to being released. I’ve read all the ebooks and this will be great to have a physical copy of all the stories in one volume.
                  love the UK Fairy Tail. Why are there more bells and whistles with UK hardcover editions? Great adds.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                    I have that Emma Straub book on my Amazon list. It sounds pretty good. Might just order it soon.Dark Screams is something I’m looking forward to being released. I’ve read all the ebooks and this will be great to have a physical copy of all the stories in one volume.
                    love the UK Fairy Tail. Why are there more bells and whistles with UK hardcover editions? Great adds.
                    While not exactly what I was expecting I must say 'This Time Tomorrow" is a good read. I will warn it is not a fast-paced story, but it is well written. I will definitely be reading more from her.

Comment

I have not posted any new photos in a while as I have been reworking my home and adding bookcases in an effort to get all the books I am keeping on display. I found some bookcases that fit on an art shelf in a hallway and am looking for peoples opinions. The shelf is 8 feet up and I have added accent lights. I am undecided about if the lighting should be above or below the books.
                       IMG_3782.jpeg
                      For anyone interested in helping me decide. Do you prefer the case on the left (Lights Above) or the right (Lights below)?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                        I have not posted any new photos in a while as I have been reworking my home and adding bookcases in an effort to get all the books I am keeping on display. I found some bookcases that fit on an art shelf in a hallway and am looking for peoples opinions. The shelf is 8 feet up and I have added accent lights. I am undecided about if the lighting should be above or below the books.
                         IMG_3782.jpeg
                        For anyone interested in helping me decide. Do you prefer the case on the left (Lights Above) or the right (Lights below)?
                        I vote for lights below. Looks spectacular.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

I vote for lights below. Looks spectacular.
                          Thank you.

Comment

Gonna join in with Jeff. Lights below look good in the pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                              Gonna join in with Jeff. Lights below look good in the pic.
                              Thank you. I am leaning in the same direction. As it gets darker in the house the lights above produce a harsher light even with the dimmer on low.

Comment

Oh yes, Lights Below.
                                I'm the Caretaker of Room 217. I've always been the Caretaker of Room 217.

Comment

Working...
                                X