• Show
Clear All

Signed Trade Andy Weir's Project Hail Mary:
    DSC_0785.JPGDSC_0786.JPGDSC_0788.JPGDSC_0787.JPG

Comment

Owen King's A Little Bronze Book of Greebles:
      DSC_0789.JPGDSC_0790.JPGDSC_0791.JPGDSC_0792.JPG

Comment

Not a fan of authors who squiggle their sig. Joe and Owen's look nice though That Plunge slipcase is a rarity. Only 22 were made. Did you get it aftermarket?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
          Not a fan of authors who squiggle their sig. Joe and Owen's look nice though That Plunge slipcase is a rarity. Only 22 were made. Did you get it aftermarket?
          Considering that my signature is just a squiggle I am in no position to judge others. I got the slipcased Plunge for $100 on eBay. Were did you learn of the limitation? I was unable to find anything on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Considering that my signature is just a squiggle I am in no position to judge others. I got the slipcased Plunge for $100 on eBay. Were did you learn of the limitation? I was unable to find anything on it.
            It's just lazy IMO, Martin regarding the sig. Mine sucks as well but a really nice sig enhances the experience for me personally. Like Harris for instance. The man's is beautiful.

It's from Very Fine Books. I received an email in regards to it before it was released and preordered it. I believe the retail was $125 so you got a bit of a deal. There is nothing special about the edition outside of the slipcase.

Comment

It's just lazy IMO, Martin regarding the sig. Mine sucks as well but a really nice sig enhances the experience for me personally. Like Harris for instance. The man's is beautiful.

It's from Very Fine Books. I received an email in regards to it before it was released and preordered it. I believe the retail was $125 so you got a bit of a deal. There is nothing special about the edition outside of the slipcase.
              My signature is a scribble because I never learned cursive writing. I printed my name for a while. When I went into retail management I had to approve checks all day and was signing my name dozens of times a day. Printing my name simply took too long so it evolved to a scribble.

Very Fine Books is someplace I would never have looked for that. It is done well enough that I thought is was produced by DC. Thanks for the info, sounds like I got it below what VFB sold them for so that is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

My signature is a scribble because I never learned cursive writing. I printed my name for a while. When I went into retail management I had to approve checks all day and was signing my name dozens of times a day. Printing my name simply took too long so it evolved to a scribble.

Very Fine Books is someplace I would never have looked for that. It is done well enough that I thought is was produced by DC. Thanks for the info, sounds like I got it below what VFB sold them for so that is nice.
                Odd that you never learned cursive. Physical writing will probably cease to exist within my kids lifetimes or even some of us for that matter. Hell, I rarely if ever use cash anymore. I still hand write my budget each month on a steno pad . A trick to show my great grandchildren some day lol.

Comment

Odd that you never learned cursive. Physical writing will probably cease to exist within my kids lifetimes or even some of us for that matter. Hell, I rarely if ever use cash anymore. I still hand write my budget each month on a steno pad . A trick to show my great grandchildren some day lol.
                  The fact that I never learned cursive has been a topic of many conversations. At one point my wife thought she should teach me. A lady I worked with asked me why I always printed my notes and when I told her it actually drove her nuts. She brought it up repeatedly. When I was 17 I had a bank teller tell me she would not take my payroll check because my name was printed so it did not classify as a signature. I actually showed her my license and asked why the government accepted it and she wouldn't. She took the check. My signature has absolutely nothing to do with my name. It is literally a scribble. Went through a class to learn signature matching once. The instructor used our signatures to show us what to look for. She actually told me that mine would be nearly impossible to forge. Forgers rely on signing a persons name with the same loops and lines of the actual signer. Mine is random but with unique points, she explained that people have real trouble replicating that.

Comment

The day I learned you were allowed to print on checks was the day I forgot how to write in cursive.

My grandmother used to give me all sorts of grief about my messing handwriting, whereas as hers (and my step-dad's) looked like some sort of script font - it was so perfect.

My signature used to look kind of like my name, but once I got into the banking world, and all of the thins I had to sign all day every day, it turned into a scribble. Still makes me laugh at legal documents where I'm told to sign with my whole name. It never fails that someone always tells me "make sure to include your middle name" - you can't even make out the "a" in Jason, so stop about the middle name. It's there. My legal signature is my legal signature.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                      The day I learned you were allowed to print on checks was the day I forgot how to write in cursive.

My grandmother used to give me all sorts of grief about my messing handwriting, whereas as hers (and my step-dad's) looked like some sort of script font - it was so perfect.

My signature used to look kind of like my name, but once I got into the banking world, and all of the thins I had to sign all day every day, it turned into a scribble. Still makes me laugh at legal documents where I'm told to sign with my whole name. It never fails that someone always tells me "make sure to include your middle name" - you can't even make out the "a" in Jason, so stop about the middle name. It's there. My legal signature is my legal signature.
                      My printing varies. For some reason. I don't understand, my brain wants me to write this as quickly as I can. That leads to very sloppy writing. To print clearly I need to think about the process as I am doing it which allows me to print clearly. My wife and her siblings all have cursive writing that looks like a machine did it, basically flawless. When I moved to a scribble it started as the letter M and then a scribble but quickly evolved to a full scribble. I have been asked to sign my full name and I just provide the same scribble, When questioned I reply that it is my signature not my name, Most people have no idea how to respond to that.

Comment

I learned cursive, but it is bad. I haven't written any since 7th grade when a teacher was complete garbage to me about it. I don't remember how anymore. It's pointless. I can read it fine. My printing isn't great. Oddly it was better the smaller I wrote, that drove my older German professor crazy. Looking at all the notes across my desk I'm actually surprised I can read most of them. My signature is naturally one people have complained about for not being my whole name.

Comment

Originally posted by khaos View Post
                          I learned cursive, but it is bad. I haven't written any since 7th grade when a teacher was complete garbage to me about it. I don't remember how anymore. It's pointless. I can read it fine. My printing isn't great. Oddly it was better the smaller I wrote, that drove my older German professor crazy. Looking at all the notes across my desk I'm actually surprised I can read most of them. My signature is naturally one people have complained about for not being my whole name.
                          I can mostly read cursive. When I encounter something I do not understand I can usually figure out what it is based on context. On very rare occasions I have been stumped. When asked how I got through school without learning cursive I actually do not know. I have no recollection of it ever being taught.

Comment

I like your version of Plunge. I bought all of the Hill House line as individual comics. Hoped it would help keep the line afloat. DC of course messed up pretty much everything they do so that was a wasted venture.

Comment

Originally posted by khaos View Post
                              I like your version of Plunge. I bought all of the Hill House line as individual comics. Hoped it would help keep the line afloat. DC of course messed up pretty much everything they do so that was a wasted venture.
                              I was buying them all as they came out until Life got in the way. At some point I will determine what I am missing and try and find the issues I need. I was very pleased to stumble on this issue of Plunge.

Comment

Regarding the O. King book: does the author also write the number - 272 in this case - or is that written by someone else? My instinct tells me it is written by someone else.

As I was writing this out, a random thought popped into my mind: for Stephen King, are there any desired numbers by collectors, and would the numbers enhance the value? I'm thinking stuff like 19 and 217, especially if they are attached to limited copies of their respective books. (Having #217/237of a Shining limited-run must be something else.)

Comment

Working...
                                X