Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And some interior art:
    Glenn Chadbourne art from Walking with Ghosts (I think this is some his best work):
    DSC_0628.JPGDSC_0627.JPGDSC_0640.JPGDSC_0641.JPGDSC_0642.JPGDSC_0643.JPG
    Last edited by Martin; 04-01-2021, 09:50 PM.

Comment

And a few more:
      DSC_0644.JPG

Francois Vaillancourt art in The Night Country:
      DSC_0648.JPGDSC_0649.JPGDSC_0650.JPGDSC_0651.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I find Brian's Patreon a bargain, especially with the pay by the year option and saving 16%.
        Wow. I musta been drunk on my initial post lol. A few missing words there.

Agreed. Definitely worth the bang for the buck.

Comment

I'm still giving THE NIGHT COUNTRY a good deal of thought. I'm a big fan of O'Nan's work, but tried reading THE NIGHT COUNTRY once before and didn't get very far...the whole greek chorus thing threw me, I suppose. I wonder now, though, if it was just the wrong book at the wrong time, and if a re-read (especially in such a lovely edition) might just be a very good thing.
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
            I'm still giving THE NIGHT COUNTRY a good deal of thought. I'm a big fan of O'Nan's work, but tried reading THE NIGHT COUNTRY once before and didn't get very far...the whole greek chorus thing threw me, I suppose. I wonder now, though, if it was just the wrong book at the wrong time, and if a re-read (especially in such a lovely edition) might just be a very good thing.
            To be honest The Night Country is low on my O'Nan list. I do like it, but at times reading it was a chore. I intend to re-read it when I have the limited. I must admit that I go into any O'Nan work with very high expectations. I am hoping to enjoy it more this time around. Knowing that Brian plans on publishing more of his work has me giddy though!

Comment

Received an email about a week ago that joe Hill had provided additional items to Skelton Crew to sell for his charity. Saw the email while things were a bit hectic with work and promptly forgot about it. Saturday at 5 PM I received an email that the items were live. They only started with a few of the items I wanted so I figured I had missed out. Luckily I got the last one:
              DSC_0685.JPGDSC_0687.JPGDSC_0686.JPG

Comment

That FULL THROTTLE from Sub Press is a cool book that I passed on and now regret...I couldn't get past the odd size issue -- for some reason -- and the illustrations didn't quite hit me right. Plus I had the signed and numbered UK 1st HC from Goldsboro. But now I see those interior illustrations, all in vivid blue, and I think it's absolutely a stunning look. I screwed up on that one...but congrats, Martin, for being wiser then me, looks great!
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                  That FULL THROTTLE from Sub Press is a cool book that I passed on and now regret...I couldn't get past the odd size issue -- for some reason -- and the illustrations didn't quite hit me right. Plus I had the signed and numbered UK 1st HC from Goldsboro. But now I see those interior illustrations, all in vivid blue, and I think it's absolutely a stunning look. I screwed up on that one...but congrats, Martin, for being wiser then me, looks great!
                  it is a beautiful book. I had never seen an ARC, wasn't even sure they had produced any until this charity sale. Then I almost missed it, I am thrilled that I was able to snag it.

Comment

I posted elsewhere photos of the self watering planter I had purchased and some asked for follow up on how it was working so I will post them here.
                    It came with a greenhouse over as well as a bug cover. I originally showed it with the green house cover as we were still dropping below freezing and it was supposed to help protect the plants.
                    I had planted Strawberries, Dill, Parsley, Tomatoes and Basil. I later added a pepper plant and another tomato.
                    The Basil started looking ill quickly and I did not understand why. Mid April we went from reaching freezing to dropping to near 20 degrees. I believe the poor performance of the Basil was temperature related because that night it off. It also damaged the tomatoes although they have recovered. Not sure if it will impact fruit production. The Strawberries and Dill have gone nuts.

I add water once a week and I cannot overfill it as it has overflow slots.
                    Here is what it looked like after the 20 degree night with the greenhouse cover removed:
                    DSC_0745.JPGDSC_0746.JPGDSC_0747.JPG
                    And with the bug protection screen added:
                    DSC_0750.JPGDSC_0753.JPG

Comment

The photos above were taken about 3 weeks ago and here are some taken last week:
                      The Tomatoes are growing fast as are the Strawberries and Parsley. The Dill has basically taken over though. Side note, the Dill is very mild flavored as opposed to fresh Dill from the store. Hoping it develops more flavor, if it does not I will look for other varieties of Dill next Year.
                      DSC_0793.JPGDSC_0793.JPGDSC_0794.JPG
                      Did not take a new photo today but the Dill and Tomato are now over the cover frame. I am no longer to use a cover. Having the water reservoir beneath appears to work really for getting the plants just the right amount of water. Very pleased with this purchase!

Comment

Now back to books. Stumbled on a signed slipcased edition of Joe Hills Plunge Comic. Have not been able to find much about it but am glad I have it.
                        DSC_0754.JPGDSC_0755.JPGDSC_0757.JPGDSC_0756.JPGDSC_0758.JPGDSC_0759.JPG

Comment

Cemetery Dance Limited Usher's Passing:
                          DSC_0760.JPGDSC_0766.JPGDSC_0761.JPGDSC_0762.JPGDSC_0764.JPGDSC_0767.JPG

Comment

Suntup Press The Auctioneer Limited Edition:
                            DSC_0768.JPGDSC_0769.JPGDSC_0770.JPGDSC_0771.JPGDSC_0772.JPG

Comment

Suntup Press 1984 Limited Edition (Exterior):
                              DSC_0773.JPGDSC_0775.JPGDSC_0776.JPGDSC_0777.JPGDSC_0779.JPG

Comment

Suntup Press 1984 Limited Edition (Interior sampling and Bonus Items):
                                DSC_0774.JPGDSC_0780.JPGDSC_0781.JPGDSC_0783.JPGDSC_0784.JPG
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X