No announcement yet.

Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full Throttle is a stunning production. You really feel the cost in the presentation.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
      Full Throttle is a stunning production. You really feel the cost in the presentation.
      Completely agree!

Comment

Received this one recently. Not horror but I am looking forward to reading it.
        DSC_0346.JPGDSC_0348.JPGDSC_0347.JPG

Comment

Received a nice surprise from Cemetery Dance recently. A card for CDCC 10. Reminds me of CDCC 1 when cards were issued with a member number. The numbers were assigned based on order of joining. I was number 2.
          DSC_0349.JPGDSC_0350.JPG

Comment

Recently received my Revival Art Portfolio from Letterpress (Lividian). It is the nicest art portfolio I have. The paper and case are in a class there own. I would really like CD to make a case like this when the Doubleday sets are complete to allow storage of the Pee Chee portfolios.
            Here are just a few photos:
            DSC_0351.JPGDSC_0352.JPGDSC_0353.JPGDSC_0354.JPGDSC_0355-1.JPGDSC_0356.JPG

Comment

The texture of the paper and the print quality are amazing:
              DSC_0357.JPGDSC_0358.JPGDSC_0360.JPGDSC_0359.JPG

Comment

With the book and on my 'Tall' shelf with other items:
                DSC_0363.JPGDSC_0364.JPG
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice Martin!

Comment

The portfolio is super nice!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                      Nice Martin!
                      Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                        The portfolio is super nice!
                        I was surprised that the portfolio was individually numbered as the book was not.

Comment

Nice add. I love the artwork but the portfolios are not for me. It looks great with the book

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I was surprised that the portfolio was individually numbered as the book was not.
                            I believe I only have the lettered one so far. My numbered copy will be a PC I assume as part of my Patreon level.

Comment

So I am perusing eBay for no good reason and I notice someone selling a new version of The Stand with the Wrightson illustrations. It looks a lot like the leather-ish volumes from Barnes and Noble and sure enough it is from them. These are books I do not generally pay much attention to but I decide to go for this one, I actually need a reading copy. The cover and endpapers are cool. The book was shrink wrapped and has a very strong chemical smell. I will leave it out a few days before it goes into a closed bookcase. The paper is about a half a step above tissue and I actually question if the binding would survive a full read. Part of me thinks this is a cool book to own and part of me thinks I will not buy another Barnes and Noble Leather-ish book again.
                              DSC_0365.JPGDSC_0366.JPGDSC_0367.JPGDSC_0368.JPGDSC_0369.JPGDSC_0370.JPG

Comment

A few more:
                                DSC_0371.JPGDSC_0372.JPGDSC_0373.JPGDSC_0374.JPGDSC_0375.JPGDSC_0376.JPG
                                And yes, the paper is thin enough you can easily read the text on the other side in any white space, including the art.
                                Last edited by Martin; 10-06-2020, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X