Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Thanks. I am generally not a completist either. Completing the King trade hardbound set actually became a thing when the King cases were set up. My wife asked if I had everything and I explained that there were a few I did not have. She could not understand how I could have this wall of books yet have a few not included. With that I began looking casually to complete the set. With the bookcase resets I am doing I decided to see if I can finalize this within reason and it worked out.
    Very cool and a sweet story.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

Very cool and a sweet story.
      As I am sure is no surprise to you, all the re-work I am doing in my home is with my wife in mind. I actually have a copper backsplash being custom made by a guy in Poland right now. It will be a permanent tribute to her in the kitchen. I will post photos when I have it.

Comment

As I am sure is no surprise to you, all the re-work I am doing in my home is with my wife in mind. I actually have a copper backsplash being custom made by a guy in Poland right now. It will be a permanent tribute to her in the kitchen. I will post photos when I have it.
        That's really beautiful, Martin. Love lives on and you are stronger for keeping that love close.

Comment

I am definitely more focused on Hill these days. I actually have my Lake Champlain sheet out for framing right now. Have two possible places to hang it when I get it back, it has been in a tube since it was released.
          Awesome! Please post when you get it back. I just recently pick one up from a TDT member and still have yet to open it! Warning: If your frame job is awesome, I'm stealing it

Comment

I agree with Jeff. That's a thing of beauty. Would love to see it as well if it's something you don't mind sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Awesome! Please post when you get it back. I just recently pick one up from a TDT member and still have yet to open it! Warning: If your frame job is awesome, I'm stealing it
              I am real happy with the frame I chose. I skipped the museum glass but I hope that with were I place it that will not be an issue. Due to the size the museum glass was going to nearly double the price. I will post a picture when I get it back.

Comment

I agree with Jeff. That's a thing of beauty. Would love to see it as well if it's something you don't mind sharing.
                I will post photos. I am going off sketches the artist and I worked together on and really hope it looks like I envision it.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing it!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                    Looking forward to seeing it!
                    Thanks. I will probably put up some pictures when it arrives, before I install it. I am a bit nervous about the install. I have read the instructions and they do not seem secure to me so I am going to go talk to some people to make sure gravity does not win.

Comment

Thanks, Martin. Looking forward to both pieces.

Comment

This sounds like it will be a very special tribute, and I would also love to see how it turns out.

Comment

Was able to pick up my Lake Champlain story today and really like how it turned out.

Chose a black weathered wood frame that I thought fit the print well. Did not use museum glass as it would have dramatically increased to price for something this size. Overall very pleased with it.
                          IMG_1023~photo.JPGIMG_1025~photo.JPGIMG_1027~photo.JPGIMG_1030~photo.JPGIMG_1031~photo.JPG

Comment

Did not mention that I also took a print from Alan M Clark in to be framed as well. This is the cover image from the CD release 'Stephen King: A Primary Bibliography of the World's Most Popular Author'.
                            I do not recall if I bought the print from CD, alone or as part of a special or if I bought it directly from Mr. Clarks website. It is signed and numbered. I chose a frame that I though completed the art and did go with museum glass on this one:IMG_1024~photo.JPGIMG_1029~photo.JPGIMG_1026~photo.JPG

Comment

Great choices on both, Martin! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Great choices on both, Martin! Thanks for sharing.
                                Thanks, really pleased with how they turned out. May hang them this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X