Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Dark Forces is a brilliant production. I love all of the Lonely Road productions!
    I am happy to say I have another Lonely Road book on its way to me! Brian has done a remarkable job with these.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
      Midtown Comics is pretty solid. They've been around for a long time and, while I haven't ordered from them in a long time, every time I did in the past I always received good service.
      Very pleased with them and someone I will look to in the future.
      Last edited by Martin; 03-13-2016, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Time for e few updates.

First up and old ARC I picked up a while back.

P1340557.jpgP1340558.jpg

A signed red ARC of Best of Cemetery Dance. For the age of the book it is in pretty good shape. If anyone has any idea how many of these were produced I would be very interested in knowing.

Comment

Next up is my copy of Gone Girl:
          P1340559.jpgP1340560.jpgP1340561.jpgP1340562.jpgP1340563.jpg

I really like the design of this book.

Comment

More on Gone Girl:

My one issue is that I am unsure what number it is.
            P1340565.jpg

I assume it is either 284 or 884 but am nut quite sure which one. With Cemetery Dances normal great customer service Brian has offered to replace the book with one numbered clearly but I do not think that is needed. If they can identify the number I will get additional Gillian Flynn books with the same number and know what it is.

So Brian or Dan can you determine what number this is?

Comment

A couple of interior shots from Gone Girl:

A very unique design. It creates a lot of blank space. I really like the unique design.
              P1340567.jpgP1340568.jpg
              Attached Files

Comment

Now both the signed and unsigned editions of PS Publishing's 10th Anniversary edition 20th Century Ghosts:

P1340569.jpg
                The signed edition has a larger slipcase to hold the addition art and DVD. The signed edition also has art as the unsigned is a plain blue case.

P1340570.jpgP1340571.jpg

Comment

More 20th Century Ghosts:

P1340572.jpg
                  The signed and unsigned editions are very similar but one of the differences are the endboards.

P1340573.jpgP1340575.jpgP1340574.jpg

Comment

More 20th Century Ghosts:

The signed edition contains an envelope with seven pieces of art.
                    P1340576.jpgP1340577.jpgP1340578.jpgP1340579.jpgP1340580.jpgP1340581.jpg

Comment

More of the art cards:
                      P1340582.jpgP1340583.jpg

Comment

Christmas Land Mug (signed by CPWilson III and numbered 104 to match my Subterranean Press edition of NOS4A2):

P1340584.jpgP1340585.jpgP1340586.jpgP1340587.jpg

I plan to take this to get signed by Joe Hill when he comes to town promoting The Fireman.

Comment

Awesome! Really like that Christmasland mug too - I hadn't seen that. Thanks for all the great pics!!
                          “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                          -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Nice adds, Martin! Really like the limited of 20th CG over the trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              More on Gone Girl:

My one issue is that I am unsure what number it is.
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]17999[/ATTACH]

I assume it is either 284 or 884 but am nut quite sure which one. With Cemetery Dances normal great customer service Brian has offered to replace the book with one numbered clearly but I do not think that is needed. If they can identify the number I will get additional Gillian Flynn books with the same number and know what it is.

So Brian or Dan can you determine what number this is?
                              IMO, Martin, it's #884. Judging by how the top of the second 8 is written, the first 8 has that same type line traveling downward. Looks like the pen skimmed over the page on the first 8 leaving the loops open rather than closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                                IMO, Martin, it's #884. Judging by how the top of the second 8 is written, the first 8 has that same type line traveling downward. Looks like the pen skimmed over the page on the first 8 leaving the loops open rather than closed.
                                Agreed.

Great adds Martin. Gone Girl really does look smart, and the S/L 20th Century Ghosts is quite nice too.

Comment

Working...
                                X