No announcement yet.

Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad you guys like the design. It actually gets even better the new the book was designed, as part way through getting these created we though of some minor things that really spice up the look of these lettered editions. Overall I think the change will work out better for everyone in the end. Personally I'd much rather have this style of lettered edition on my bookshelf than the old style, but then again I've always wanted Easton Press books and have never been able to afford them.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Loveliest Dead is amazing looking!

Comment

Congratulations, Martin. it's a gorgeous edition.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
          I'm glad you guys like the design. It actually gets even better the new the book was designed, as part way through getting these created we though of some minor things that really spice up the look of these lettered editions. Overall I think the change will work out better for everyone in the end. Personally I'd much rather have this style of lettered edition on my bookshelf than the old style, but then again I've always wanted Easton Press books and have never been able to afford them.
          With the leather spine, and raised hubs, it definitely has a bit of an Easton look. I think even better though, more identity to each book. Different Eastons often have very similar designs.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
            With the leather spine, and raised hubs, it definitely has a bit of an Easton look. I think even better though, more identity to each book. Different Eastons often have very similar designs.
            I think the ones that really shine in this big batch are Pure and Fangoria. They've fell late enough that they where after we made some minor tweaks to the over all design of these. I think there may have been pictures in the update Brian posted the other week, but I can always take some photos and post them somewhere if you guys haven't seen them. Fangoria has got to be my favorite.

Instagram

Comment

Those lettered editions are beautiful. Congratulations Martin.

Comment

Very nice! That's one great looking book!

Comment

I think the ones that really shine in this big batch are Pure and Fangoria. They've fell late enough that they where after we made some minor tweaks to the over all design of these. I think there may have been pictures in the update Brian posted the other week, but I can always take some photos and post them somewhere if you guys haven't seen them. Fangoria has got to be my favorite.
                  He posted a picture, but if you want to snap a couple more I'd be glad to check it out! It's a fantastic book all around, picked up the s/l copy, after seeing these new editions I kind of wish I'd splurged on the lettered though (assuming I could afford it at the time, which I probably couldn't lol).

Comment

The only picture I saw only showed the spines, I would love some additional pictures. I am really jonesing to see what the Lettered Century's Best turned out like, hint, hint!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      The only picture I saw only showed the spines, I would love some additional pictures. I am really jonesing to see what the Lettered Century's Best turned out like, hint, hint!
                      I can probably grab some pictures of that one as well. Though Centuries Best is the older style with the traycase. I'll see what I can do today.

Instagram

Comment

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showthread.php?2439

Instagram

Comment

Thanks Dan, the additional stamping on the front of the Lettered editions is really nice. I also really wanted to know how the case for Century's Best turned out, it is really cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            Thanks Dan, the additional stamping on the front of the Lettered editions is really nice. I also really wanted to know how the case for Century's Best turned out, it is really cool!
                            Yea it's pretty great. I wish I still even one copy of the Artist Edition for Centuries best sitting around to show everyone that one as well, but there where absolutely no extras of those left (even for replacements for damages). Even our office copy doesn't actually have the Volume 1 in it (I think we put a volume 1 lettered edition book in there).

Instagram

Comment

Dan posted a few in the Warehouse photo's but I thought I would show all the trinkets from the CDCC:
                              The Poster is stunning:
                              P1320867.jpg

The Mug is very cool with wraparound art:
                              P1320861.jpgP1320862.jpg

I love the Clive Barker story:
                              P1320863.jpg

Squire seaid it best 'The chiller coaster is interesting', I like it and my book light works well:
                              P1320860.jpg

All in all it is a nice batch! Kudos CD.

Comment

Yes I thought it was a great bunch of stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X