No announcement yet.

Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never got into these Skelton Crew collectibles, but I have to say they are quite nice. Do you know what relation Hill has with the company? Obviously he's been working with them for a while and on various projects.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
      Those are interesting adds. They are quite a site. I love the details in each one.
      Thanks, the detail in Skelton Crews work never fails to amaze me.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
        Nice adds, Martin!
        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
          I never got into these Skelton Crew collectibles, but I have to say they are quite nice. Do you know what relation Hill has with the company? Obviously he's been working with them for a while and on various projects.
          I remember reading a story once where Israel Skelton explained the origins of the company. If I encounter the article again I will post a link. I am sure I will get some of this wrong but long story short was Joe Hill met Israel at some event and saw some of his work and asked about doing some of the Locke and Key Keys. The response he got made him believe he could actually do this for a living.

Comment

Huh, very cool!

Comment

Have not posted anything in a while and am not even sure what I have not posted. Had a bit of a construction project going on for a while and it necessitated tearing up my den. Decided to rebuild it with a couple of new bookcases.

The first will be dedicated to Joe Hill:
              Top Shelf:
              P1370336.jpg
              Second Shelf:
              P1370362.jpg
              Third Shelf:
              P1370337.jpg
              Fourth Shelf:
              P1370339.jpg
              Fifth Shelf:
              P1370340.jpg
              Skipping the bottom shelf for now as it is just miscellaneous books currently.

Comment

Also added on for King Special editions:
                Top of case:
                P1370341.jpg
                First Shelf:
                P1370342.jpg]
                Second Shelf:
                P1370344.jpg
                Third Shelf:
                P1370345.jpg
                Fourth Shelf:
                P1370346.jpg
                Fifth Shelf:
                P1370347.jpg
                Skipping the bottom shelf on this on for now. I still need to go through some things as I know I have some King signatures that are not here yet. I will also be adding the glass door tomorrow, When Ikea has it back on stock.

Comment

A couple of Joe Hill additions to the collection:
                  The Weight of Words from Subterranean Press. Several authors have written stories based on the art of Dave McKean. Beautiful production and I really am looking forward to reading the stories.
                  P1370348.jpgP1370349.jpgP1370350.jpgP1370351.jpgP1370352.jpg

Comment

More images from The Weight of Words:
                    P1370353.jpgP1370354.jpgP1370355.jpgP1370356.jpgP1370357.jpg

Comment

This will probably be my last purchase from Borderlands Press and I had to pay too much for it after having my original order cancelled due to their overselling the book:
                      P1370359.jpgP1370360.jpgP1370361.jpg

Comment

Weight of Water looks gorgeous. Wish I had ordered that one.

Nice job on the shelves. It looks really good!

Comment

Originally posted by daverob View Post
                          Weight of Water looks gorgeous. Wish I had ordered that one.

Nice job on the shelves. It looks really good!
                          Thanks, I am really glad I ordered it. I think they still have the trade edition available.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            Thanks, I am really glad I ordered it. I think they still have the trade edition available.
                            Great stuff, Martin! I'll have to pick up the Weight of Words S/L on the aftermarket as I missed out on it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                              Great stuff, Martin! I'll have to pick up the Weight of Words S/L on the aftermarket as I missed out on it as well.
                              There is one on ebay currently but they are asking too much for it. Hopefully you will be able to get one at a decent price.

Comment

Awesome stuff! And great displays. I bet you stare at your shelves. Just stand there and stare.

Comment

Working...
                                X