No announcement yet.

Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Straub has never disappointed me but he has puzzled me, I still do not know what Mr. X was. Looking forward to Floating Dragon.
    Originally posted by TJCams View Post
    That is one book I would love to grab one day, Straub has never disappointed me yet, and I have not read that one.

Comment

Pork Pie Hat was an easy quick read - I enjoyed it. If You Could See Me Know...... as much as I enjoyed it, there were some parts that were a little dry, but really was enjoyable. These are the only 2 I've read of his work, and as I said, haven't been let down. Ghost Story is one I really want to get.

Comment

My favorite Straub is Lost Boy, Lost Girl. I think The Hellfire Club has a Ghost Story feel to it.

Comment

Recently received my inscribed first edition of Double Feature:
          P1230830.jpgP1230831.jpgP1230832.jpg

Comment

Sorry the pictures are sideways. New PC and I can't figure out how to get the to post correctly.

Comment

Awesome!
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Nice add Martin! As simple as the cover is, I really like it.

Comment

I have had not had much time to read lately but I a a little over 75% into Double Feature and have enjoyed it.

Comment

Here is the last round of ARCs from CD:
                    P1240487.jpgP1240488.jpgP1240489.jpg
                    The next batch is on the way!

Comment

Was introduced to Wool here and a while back I was browsing at Powell's books in Portland and I saw that they had autographed copies. I had to get one:
                      P1240490.jpgP1240491.jpg

I did not think to look for a hardbound copy until I had gotten the paperback home. So A couple of days later I went back and sure enough they had one:
                      P1240492.jpgP1240493.jpgP1240494.jpg

Side note: I checked the authors website and he did not have an appearance in Portland. He had been in San Francisco and Seattle a few days before I found these so he must have just stopped by on his way.
                      Last edited by Martin; 04-28-2013, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Reunion by Rick Hautala:
                        I actually had wanted this one for a while and bought it during a PS sale shortly before his passing.
                        P1240495.jpgP1240496.jpg

Comment

Did receive one of my older Lettered back orders from CD:
                          P1240497.jpgP1240498.jpgP1240500.jpgP1240501.jpgP1240502.jpgP1240503.jpg

Comment

Joe Hill's Terrifying Tragic Treasury Edition:
                            I cannot say enough about this beauty. The stories are all reprints including Freddy Wertham Goes to Hell from Grave Tales. However, the presentation is fantastic. This is an over sized edition on heavy glossy paperstock. I will included a photo with a comic on top to show the size difference:
                            P1240504.jpgP1240505.jpg

Comment

A while back I was browsing a local independent comic shop when I noticed they had a limited edition PS art book that I had looked at on the PS website. I did not see a price so I thought I would ask. The price was more than I was interested in spending so I declined and he then made an offer that I was happy with:
                              Chamber of Chills Volume One Slipcased and Signed by Joe Hill:
                              His signature is on a seperate art card.
                              P1240506.jpgP1240507.jpgP1240508.jpgP1240510.jpg
                              Last edited by Martin; 04-28-2013, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Love the Lettered MP; and great score on the signed WOOLs! Nice batch of titles. Congratz!
                                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Working...
                                X