No announcement yet.

Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice.Wish I was there and I know my wife is glad I am here.I have been so busy lately I have not had a chance to get out to the book store here or the library to see what has come in.Great finds.

Comment

I took advantage of a recent CDCC offer and bought a couple of lettered editions recently. The first has arrived and I could not be happier:

They offered lettered editions at a heavily discounted rate first come first served. Congratulations to the person who got Looking Glass before I saw the email.

I did pick up a copy of POE from Lonely Road books.
      My assumption was that this would be a PC copy but I received copy V:
      P1220751.jpgP1220752.jpgP1220753.jpgP1220754.jpg
      The tray case is beautiful dark blue, the photo of the case open is a better representation of the color of the case. The book is white leather with silver stamping, blue end papers and a blue ribbon marker. Included with the screenplay is an introduction by Roger Corman and an afterword by the author on why he wrote the screenplay.

Comment

When I ordered POE I also thought it would be a great bonus of the chap book Monsters (Which was included with the original sale of the book) was included. I have almost bought this multiple times on ebay and have wanted it for a long time. Needless to say I was thrilled to find a copy included with the shipment!

P1220743.jpgP1220744.jpgP1220746.jpgP1220747.jpgP1220749.jpgP1220750.jpg

Comment

Another Lettered edition from the recent CDCC deal.

Mind the Gap by Christopher Golden and Tim Lebbon:
          I have been interested in reading this since I read their chap book The Map of Moments.
          P1220774.jpgP1220775.jpgP1220776.jpgP1220777.jpgP1220778.jpgP1220779.jpg

Comment

This shipment included the free ARC from the recent board giveaway.
            The book is a first novel from Edward Lazellari titled Awakenings, it sounds interesting:
            P1220766.jpg

Comment

Very nice.I missed that e-mail to.I do not understand.Oh well congrats to those who took advantage and got some great stuff. I did go for the other pub grab bag.
              can not wait to see what comes in that.

Comment

I have that one coming as well.
                Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                Very nice.I missed that e-mail to.I do not understand.Oh well congrats to those who took advantage and got some great stuff. I did go for the other pub grab bag.
                can not wait to see what comes in that.

Comment

Wow. Those are come great additions. Congrats to you!
                  Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

A copy of The Strain from the 'Dinged' book sale. The book I received is not dinged in any way but does not include the signature sheet or slipcase. Photos cannot do this book justice. It is a work of art:
                    P1220983.jpgP1220985.jpgP1220986.jpgP1220987.jpgP1220988.jpg

Comment

A few pieces of the interior artwork contained in The Strain:
                      P1220989.jpgP1220990.jpgP1220991.jpgP1220992.jpgP1220993.jpg

I have have been on the fence about reading this one, looking through the book it has me intrigued enough that it will now get bumped up on my to be read list.

Comment

My early reader's club books have arrived and I am thrilled with them:
                        P1220994.jpgP1220995.jpgP1220996.jpgP1220997.jpg

Comment

More Than Midnight with a few of the interior art samples:
                          P1220998.jpgP1220999.jpgP1230001.jpgP1230002.jpg

And the bonus chapbook that looks very interesting:
                          P1230003.jpgP1230004.jpg

Comment

Great adds, martin. Congrats on The Strain!
                            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

More Than Midnight looks awesome! Congrats on the add and I can't wait to read this one.
                              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Nor can I. I have decided to read I'm Not Sam first then More Than Midnight.
                                Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                                More Than Midnight looks awesome! Congrats on the add and I can't wait to read this one.
                                Last edited by Martin; 11-30-2012, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X