Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Cemetery Dance's recent misfit Grab Bag:
    IMG_1639.JPEG

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    The Author was promoting this book on Sirius and it intrigued me enough to search it out. Barnes and Noble still had autographed copies.
    IMG_1651.JPEGIMG_1652.JPEGIMG_1653.JPEGIMG_1654.JPEGIMG_1655.JPEGIMG_1656.JPEG
    This one looks very interesting. It has one of those undersized dust jackets which I have never liked.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Time for an update on a few new receipts.
    Found myself near the Beaverton Powell's and need some Brodart so I stopped in. They were only allowing a few in at a time which resulted in a wait to get in but shopping the store was very comfortable. Encountered some books that had been defaced by a local author so I took one off their hands.
    Chuck Palahnuiak The Invention of Sound:IMG_1649.JPEG
    IMG_1650.JPEG

This was an unexpected gift from a member here. I am very intrigued by this and look forward to checking it out soon:
    IMG_1645.JPEGIMG_1646.JPEGIMG_1647.JPEG

This one probably has the wrong title. It should be Trump: In His Own Words as probably 2/3 of the book are directly quoting interviews with Trump:
    IMG_1648.JPEG
    An informative work from Woodward but he does state his personal feelings in the afterword, which he probably should not have done.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    That framing is pretty sweet looking.
    The more I look at it, the more I like it. Will probably keep it in the frame but am not sure about placement in the house though.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Nice adds. I have not seen that copy of The Stand . Think Ill probably pass thanks to your review of it
    I had actually heard good things about the Barnes and Noble editions and it was only $25.00. I think I understand now why the store copies are always shrink wrapped.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    That framing is pretty sweet looking.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Nice adds. I have not seen that copy of The Stand . Think Ill probably pass thanks to your review of it

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I decided to see what the Revival prints look like framed so I swapped out A Pennywise print I had framed for this one. I included the guitar pick. If I decide to keep this one framed I will center it better.
    DSC_0384.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    It is October so apparently it is the month to get orange books.

Added A Little Orange Book of Obsessions by Blake Crouch to my tissue copy of The Stand:DSC_0380.JPGDSC_0381.JPGDSC_0382.JPG
    DSC_0379.JPGDSC_0383.JPG
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    I'll have to check mine.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Noticed an interesting difference today in the two Revival art portfolios I received.

The first one I received has a nice little remarque with the artist signature. Thought it was cool but assumed he did it on all the portfolios.
    DSC_0378.JPG
    I realized the second portfolio I received did not contain the remarque. Now I am left to wonder how many have this and are there other drawings.
    DSC_0377.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

And no one ever beat Martin again!
    My internet speed has served me well!

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

Actually it was more 'Who the hell beat me?'. I never did figure that one out. I have improved my internet speed just in case they offer this again!
    And no one ever beat Martin again!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    That B&N edition of The Stand features the new "efficient experience" paper that allows you to read pages without turning them. Just read straight through the paper! I do think the endpaper design is cool. Thanks for taking the bullet for us on this purchase. I was tempted to buy it myself. Now I won't.

Also, I kept picturing Brian James Freeman handing you your CDCC Card and telling you "You are number Two."
    And you replying,"I am not a number! I am a FREE MAN!"
    And then BJF saying, "No, dude, I am Freeman . . ."
    Actually it was more 'Who the hell beat me?'. I never did figure that one out. I have improved my internet speed just in case they offer this again!

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    That B&N edition of The Stand features the new "efficient experience" paper that allows you to read pages without turning them. Just read straight through the paper! I do think the endpaper design is cool. Thanks for taking the bullet for us on this purchase. I was tempted to buy it myself. Now I won't.

Also, I kept picturing Brian James Freeman handing you your CDCC Card and telling you "You are number Two."
    And you replying,"I am not a number! I am a FREE MAN!"
    And then BJF saying, "No, dude, I am Freeman . . ."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X