Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liking the Bradbury stuff a lot Terry - nice collection

Comment

Yes I do have that one. I thought I posted it. ... I looked through the pictures and it was an awful one, and I didn't retake it. And it's something else to add to the near future TBR list.
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Whoa....like....GROUNDHOG DAY!!!!
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

But not at all intentional.

Hey, that's another movie I can watch over and over. You do that in one viewing, but anytime it's on, the TV can happily linger on that channel.
          "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Now a few odds and ends. First a couple David Morell's.

BOOK5 020.jpgBOOK5 021.jpgBOOK5 014.jpgBOOK5 015.jpg

I got "Creepers" signed when I attended the Borderlands Press Writer's Boot Camp back in 2006. He was one of the instructors, along with F. Paul Wilson, Douglas E. Winter, and Elizabeth Massie.
            Last edited by TerryE; 01-30-2012, 09:47 PM.

Comment

The Boot Camp was incredible, even though I didn't take as much out of as I should have (mostly focusing on actually getting writing done on a regular basis). But I did have a great time, learn a lot, and meet a great bunch of people. One thing I did learn was how differently people will approach or understand a story. Here's an example, editing notes from Morrell, Winter, and Wilson. Ms. Massie just numbered her issues and had separate sheets with the explantion (ala footnotes) so that doesn't translate with one picture.

BOOK5 018.jpg

BOOK5 016.jpgBOOK5 017.jpg
              Douglas Winter had a lot to say, and a lot to cross out. That was the hardest part, seeing all my wonderful words taken away. But he was right for a lot of it. My copy of Prime Evil was buried in storage at this time, so this is the closest I got to Winter's signature.

BOOK5 019.jpg
              Whereas Wilson had mostly paragraphing suggestions, and some story comments at the end.
              Last edited by TerryE; 01-30-2012, 09:57 PM.

Comment

I really love your old books just as much as your newer ones. Sentimental books, rough around the edges with a history attached are really priceless. Nice collection. I wish I had that Dandelion Wine.
                "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Originally posted by Hedda Gabler View Post
                  I really love your old books just as much as your newer ones. Sentimental books, rough around the edges with a history attached are really priceless. Nice collection. I wish I had that Dandelion Wine.
                  Thanks, Hedda. I love my books, and wish I had room to shelve all of them. And you are so right about the sentimental value. I still have, and will always keep, my original paperback set of the Thomas Covenant books, just for the great cover art.

And, check on the PS Publishing website. They might still have some copies of that trade edition of "Dandelion Wine."

Comment

Now it's time to move onto the King boys. Here's the shelf with the paperback edition of Owen King's "We're All in this Together" and Joe Hill's stuff. Not shown are all of the Locke and Key trade hardbacks which are kinda scattered at the moment since a couple still need to be read, and that shelf is out of room anyway.

The Owen King book is unsigned, since it was packed away when I went to see Steve, Tabitha, and Owen at the Folger Library "Three Kings" event back in 2008. That evening in DC was my birthday present from the Missus that year, and a great present it was.

BOOK5 022.jpg

Comment

The PS Publishing signed trade hardcover of "20th Century Ghosts".

BOOK5 023.jpgBOOK5 024.jpg

Comment

The PS signed trade edition of "Gunpowder". This is the lowest number I've ever had on a book, #3. Tom (tito_villa) posted his copy a while back and I was taken aback seeing that he had #3 also. But he had the better edition which was also signed by the artist. But that is still one strange coincidence.

BOOK5 025.jpgBOOK5 026.jpg

Comment

The PS signed, slipcovered edition of "Horns", with a matching #3. I loved that! I just wish I could have seen Joe on the tour for this book and gotten a set of those horns like several of you others have.

BOOK5 027.jpgBOOK5 028.jpgBOOK5 029.jpg

Comment

I love those Joe Hill books, i have had to sell several in the recent past but the ones i have kept i cherish. & the fact that you have 2 matching #3 books is great!!!

Comment

A couple Peter Straub limiteds. Everything else by Straub is packed away unfortunately.

1st is the Borderlands Press "5 Stories"

BOOK5 031.jpgBOOK5 032.jpg

Comment

"A Special Place: The Heart of A Dark Matter" also from Borderlands.

BOOK5 033.jpgBOOK5 034.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X