No announcement yet.

TerryE's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say Dandelion Wine is #2 on my list. Quite a few years back I had my own business of going to various local courthouses to record land deeds for title companies. Most of the work consisted of waiting, so it was a great way to get my reading done. Every summer for 3 years I'd reread "100 Years of Solitude", since June was the busiest time (end of fiscal year). Well after Marquez, one time, I decided it was time to reread "Dandelion Wine". And since it was so busy and crowded, there was quite a bit more background noise. For some reason, I couldn't get into "Dandelion Wine" and, for the life of me, couldn't figure out why. Later, at home, I realized it was because the book was poetry and the mind and ear had to concentrate on the lyric style to fully appreciate it.
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

What a great collection Terry, i have a UK 1st of Something Wicked This Way Comes it's not in perfect condition but i love it because it has character i think!

Comment

Kinda like my coffee cup that still has flavor rings from years ago!

'Course, I don't drink coffee anymore...and I'm probably comparing apples and oranges...but a book with character IS something special, Tom!
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Well it is from a School library from the 60's and the kids have written a few words and drawn a few small pictures by the text

Comment

One of my prize books is a 16th print pb of The Shining that has 30+year-old Big Mac special suace stain on page 244!

Character...
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
              One of my prize books is a 16th print pb of The Shining that has 30+year-old Big Mac special suace stain on page 244!

Character...
              Brilliant

Comment

Now I wish I would have kept that library copy of Dark Forces that I had to buy because the dog ate the cover and the first few pages. And as you can see from the first post here, I'll hold onto that sentimental stuff, no matter the condition.
                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Love those Bradbury's Terry, some excellent editions you have there

Comment

And now to finish with the Bradburys. This is the PS Publishing edition of "The Machineries of Joy". This is the closest thing I have to a lettered edition, as it is the highest state produced, limited to 150, in a nice little traycase, and signed by Bradbury, and Neil Gaiman, who wrote the introduction. And, hey!, the number is by birthday (and if I remember right the number for my Neil Gaiman Hill House editions - we'll find that out soon).

BOOK5 001.jpgBOOK5 002.jpgBOOK5 003.jpg

Comment

The PS version of "Long After Midnight".

BOOK5 004.jpgBOOK5 005.jpgBOOK5 006.jpg

Comment

The PS "Dandelion Wine". I missed out on the signed edition of this one, but look who did the introduction! So I had to have it in some state. I love the cover on this one. (Sorry about the blurry spine shot. I have terrible lighting in that room, and it looked okay on the tiny camera screen)

BOOK5 007.jpgBOOK5 008.jpgBOOK5 009.jpg

Comment

Gauntlet's "Dark Carnival". I almost missed out on this one. Are there any people in the market for the highest number of a limited? I know we covered this on another thread, and it doesn't really matter, but I think it would be almost as interesting to have all maximum numbers, as opposed to random ones.

BOOK5 010.jpgBOOK5 011.jpg

Comment

Here are some Subterranean trade editions. And the Ray Bradbury Comics from the early 90s.

BOOK5 012.jpgBOOK5 013.jpg

Comment

Nice selection of Bradburys. Do you have CD's "Chapbook for burned out Priests"? I liked it's selections--the thesis around the book is that the priest who was counselling Bradbury and was burned out in his profession, not from questioning his own faith but questioning how much good he is doing, can take comfort in the fact that by writing the stories he does, Bradbury is celebrating the infinite and unknowable, therefore is celebrating the existence of God. I got a 2nd print trade HC in my first CD grab bag.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Yes I do have that one. I thought I posted it. ... I looked through the pictures and it was an awful one, and I didn't retake it. And it's something else to add to the near future TBR list.

Comment

Working...
                                X