No announcement yet.

TerryE's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brian Bolland. One of my favorite comics. And one of my first printings now has scribbling on it. It can be put away. I'm sure I'll never have the chance for Alan Moore's autograph.

DSCF0055.jpg
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

The incomparable Garth Ennis. I don't know if I mentioned Preacher before, but if there is anybody reading this thread that hasn't read Preacher, you should!
      DSCF0060.jpgDSCF0059.jpgDSCF0058.jpgDSCF0057.jpg
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

And back to Wrightson for the nice Dark Horse reprint of his illustrated "Frankenstein".

DSCF0061.jpgDSCF0062.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
          Brian Bolland. One of my favorite comics. And one of my first printings now has scribbling on it. It can be put away. I'm sure I'll never have the chance for Alan Moore's autograph.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10847[/ATTACH]
          That is freaking awesome! One of my favorites as well and I remember buying this hot of the presses when I was younger for what seemed like a fortune. Love it.
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Fantastic additions! Love me some good comics!

Comment

Wow!!!!! Some really awesome stuff.

Comment

Nice additions! Looks like you had a good time at Baltimore Comic Con!

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                  That is freaking awesome! One of my favorites as well and I remember buying this hot of the presses when I was younger for what seemed like a fortune. Love it.
                  And I remember waiting for months, after this book was announced, for it to come out. Alan Moore's Swamp Thing was the first comic I bought, so his take on Batman was much, much anticipated. And I loves Bolland's work as soon as I saw issues of Camelot 3000. About 3 months before "The Killing Joke" was due to come out, one of the customers at the comic shop, who had some sort of connection to the DC offices, brought in the first half of the book in photocopy form. We all devoured it and were thereafter dying even more to see the finished product.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    Nice additions! Looks like you had a good time at Baltimore Comic Con!
                    It was a good time. This year I went both days. I took the little guy on Saturday. We had been reading some of the Don Rosa duck stories and I was hoping he'd be excited to meet the man. He wasn't that impressed, but did get an autograph. He got bored before lunch, but was pretty good after. He loved the people in their costumes.

On Sunday I got more time to stand in line for autographs.

Comment

Oh, and guess who we got to see!

100_1720.jpg

I wasn't about to pay 100 bucks to stand in line for 2 hours for a picture and autograph, but we got lucky enough to see Stan "the Man" Lee on the floor, just a few feet away. He stopped to say hello to one of his contemporaries. It's an artist, but I forget his name. But from the art on the table, at one point he drew the "Dark Shadows" Sunday comic.

I did get a lot of good pictures this year. In fact the little guy passed the time by being photographer for a while, getting the costumed guests. But I won't take up room with all that. More books to come.
                      Last edited by TerryE; 11-20-2012, 12:41 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

And I remember waiting for months, after this book was announced, for it to come out. Alan Moore's Swamp Thing was the first comic I bought, so his take on Batman was much, much anticipated. And I loves Bolland's work as soon as I saw issues of Camelot 3000. About 3 months before "The Killing Joke" was due to come out, one of the customers at the comic shop, who had some sort of connection to the DC offices, brought in the first half of the book in photocopy form. We all devoured it and were thereafter dying even more to see the finished product.
                        Cool story. I remember drooling over this and begging for a ride (from my parents) around the time I thought this was coming out. Luckily when I finally was driving to the store there were two or three left on the counter display. Happy days!
                        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I hope the "little guy" doesn't hold it against later on in life for not sacrificing 2 CD signed limiteds to get him a photo of with the venerable Mr. Lee!

Great story tho!
                          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Nah, he was fine. I asked if he wanted to go over to get in the picture, but he declined. I think his best memory will be taking pictures of the costumed people. He gravitated to the girls. I don't know how many times I thought "That's my boy!"

And I did sacrifice 2CD books for something else. Pictures to come soon.

Comment

Ok NOW I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!.Na how awesome is that.I probably would have peed myself and passed out.
                              Oh, and guess who we got to see!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10876[/ATTACH]

I wasn't about to pay 100 bucks to stand in line for 2 hours for a picture and autograph, but we got lucky enough to see Stan "the Man" Lee on the floor, just a few feet away. He stopped to say hello to one of his contemporaries. It's an artist, but I forget his name. But from the art on the table, at one point he drew the "Dark Shadows" Sunday comic.

I did get a lot of good pictures this year. In fact the little guy passed the time by being photographer for a while, getting the costumed guests. But I won't take up room with all that. More books to come.

Comment

It would have been better if we could have sat and chatted, like I did with Don Rosa, but It was still way cool just to be able to see him. The rest of the convention he was hidden behind those red and blue curtains only to be seen by those who paid the extra bucks.

And BW, I'm sorry but it's just not the same as one of Teri's "Hate Chu"s

Comment

Working...
                                X