No announcement yet.

TerryE's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This might be my oldest Batman comic, a "Detective" from '77. Man-Bat was always pretty cool.

book3 004.jpg
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

A couple more great Dave Stevens covers.

book3 005.jpgbook3 006.jpg
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

P. Craig Russell is my favorite comic artist. Here's a couple great covers.

book3 007.jpgbook3 011.jpg

Comment

These are for Siep. In the 70's Gold Key & then Whitman were producing the Disney comics. Gold Key had taken over from Dell in the 60s. By this time they were mostly reprints and no big value.

book3 008.jpgbook3 009.jpgbook3 010.jpg

Comment

Note the name of Uncle Scrooge's rowboat. These last few books and another couple boxes were from my warehouse finds. As I've said, I worked for one of the one of the biggest comics dealers back in college. One summer, in order to get full time hours, I tried to put the warehouse in order. As I tried to put several hundred thousand books in alphabetical order, I found a lot of stuff for the stores, and some stuff that I pulled aside for myself to buy. There's a few I left behind that I still wish I would have bought. One was an adaptation of John Campbell's "Who Goes There?", the story that inspired The Thing. The comic was from the 60s or early 70s and I was suprised that the original was much closer to John Carpenter's version, including electrocuting the blood. There was also a romance comic from the early 70s that promised a "David Cassidy Poster Inside". It was the centerspread (2 pages, no foldout), and a comic drawing of David. So absurd, but definitely a product of it's time.

Comment

Hey, thanks, Terry!! Appreciate it.
              But - I do love the other covers you've posted as well.

sk

Comment

I really like this cover.
                Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                Some more comics stuff. Minor treasures and fun stuff. I remember Marvel teaming up with Clive Barker back in the 80s and producing 4 interrelated superhero comics the Barker created specifically for the "Barkerverse". But I'd forgotten about this guy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9073[/ATTACH]

Comment

I'm pretty sure it was by Kelley Jones, who did a great Batman (cover to come soon) and one of my favorite arcs of "Sandman", Season of Mist.

Comment

It was in the mid 80s that Manga started to catch on in America. Some of the earliest reprints were by Eclipse/Viz comics. This one was my favorite.

book3 012.jpg

Comment

The best rebirth of the Justice League. Yes, there were quite a few second string characters, but it was so much fun and great artwork by Kevin Maguire. This iconic cover picture has been redone sooooo many times.

book3 013.jpg

Comment

This was one of my favorite books, and I'm sure almost nobody has heard of it. 'Mazing Man was just a guy who thought he was a superhero, with a talking dog for a best friend, and two other friends named after characters in a Billy Joel song. Sweet, funny, and unfortunately forgotten. Or nearly forgotten; he did appear in an episode of Cartoon Network's "Batman: The Brave and the Bold", a series I loved because the creators were harkening back to the characters, teams, events, and styles of the 80s when I was getting into comics myself.

book3 014.jpg

Comment

"Moonshadow", just an absolutely wonderful, wonderful work. Needs a reread.

book3 015.jpg

Comment

Batman, Miller, MacFarlane, & Spawn. Pretty good book for a cross company crossover.

book3 016.jpg

Comment

If you've never heard of, much less read, Concrete, find any story or collection and read it. Even including "Hellboy" and "Sin City" this was my favorite work to come from "Dark Horse Presents" and was around from the earliest issues.

book3 017.jpg

Comment

Reprint collection of the original Len Wein/Bernie Wrightson "Swamp Thing" issues. Great stuff.

book3 018.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X