No announcement yet.

TerryE's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmmm... I haven't gotten an e-mail either. Any hints (or maybe a pm to keep it off the general thread)?
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Earlier I posted the copy of Tom's story that I printed out and bound. I'm having some fun with this binding machine. I put together a nice copy of my screenplay and this. This is a copy of a children's book I wrote & made back in high school. Last year I made some color copies and asked the little guy's schoolteacher to laminate it for me, since the original is really starting to deteriorate. So now it's bound together for a single permanent copy. Here's the first few pages.

book20 001.jpgbook20 002.jpg
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

"Preacher" comic hardbacks. This was such a great series.

book20 003.jpgbook20 004.jpg

Comment

That bound screeplay looks great!!!

Comment

Tom, that's the children's book, not the screenplay, but thank you very much. (I didn't want to post the screenplay since the title page only had the title & my name & home address). But I'm still pretty proud of "The Adventure of Prince Will". I think you can tell in these pictures, but the whole thing was done with construction paper cutouts. The original has a door that opens and a sliding object.

Comment

I've never seen that Preacher series before, Terry. I like it.
              What's it about? Can't really say from going by the covers.

sk

Comment

Jesse Custer is a small town, Texas preacher who gets imbued with the spirit of a creature called Genesis (which is the progeny of the mating of an angel and a demon) With his newfound power he decides to confront God and make him pay for everything that's gone wrong in the world. He's aided by his ex-girlfriend Tulip, who's become a hit woman, and a hard drinking Irish vampire named Cassidy, oh and he gets advice from the ghost (or hallucinations) of John Wayne. The series is irreverent (sacreligious at times), profane, extemely violent, bound to offend just about everyone at some point, and a lot, a lot, more than you think, a lot of fun. The cover artist (Glenn Fabry) didn't do the interiors, but Steve Dillon is one of my favorite comic artists ever.

Comment

Weird...sounds like a lot of fun! (ah, that's what you said..)

sk

Comment

Love the children's story, Terry! And you can white out and address on a pic (I did it on a package of mine that arrived!--but that's ok.) Never got into Preacher, but all my friends did and they all thought I was crazy (which is more or less true). Nice posts!
                    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Like the children's book a lot!!

I remember way back in elementary school we used to have something called The Young Authors Conference where everyone would write a book and a few kids would be chosen to represent the school at the conference, which was for the entire state, I think. I got to go a few times. I even remember the books I wrote: the first was "The ABC encyclopedia of Dogs", "Terminator 3" (don't know why I went for three right away, as I don't think the 2nd one was even made yet ) and "Cindydavidson Man" - which was a Cinderella spin-off about a guy on a Harley.

Comment

Well, Squire showed his, so I figured I need to show mine. Here's my volumes of the Thomas Covenant series. These two are combined volumes for the first 2 Chronicles. These were created by the Science Fiction Book Club.

book20 005.jpgbook20 006.jpg

Comment

And here are the first 3 books of the Last Chronicles. Book 4 is due next year, then I'll have to read them all.

book20 007.jpgbook20 008.jpgbook20 009.jpg

Comment

And all this talk of Covenant reminded me of my map. Back in high school, after reading "Lord Foul's Bane" and "The Lord of the Rings", the bedding author in my wanted to try it myself. So I started with a map, thought up a few characters/races, then started on a story for "Terry's Fantasy Trilogy" (name change to come later). The map was on 6 sheets of paper taped together and folded up. Later (back in a point in my life when I somehow had free time) I transferred it over to poster board.

book20 012.jpg

I haven't looked at this in years and I'm surprised by how well it turned out! Now if I could only make the time to get writing.

Comment

And with the map is one of my very few pieces of original art. This is one of the creature races from the book as realized by Jerry Bingham. He's probably best known for "Batman: Son of the Demon" (in which Batman actually gets it on with Talia al-Ghul) and a wonderful comics adaptation of "Beowulf". I think he was living in the Baltimore area when Son of the Demon came out and was at the store for an autograph session. I described the creature and he had this done in no time. I imagined the creature as about 9' tall, but changed my thinking based on this.

book20 011.jpg

Comment

And I also found a promo poster for "Son of the Demon" in the same spot.

book20 010.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X