No announcement yet.

TerryE's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade edition of the Mirrormask storybook.

Book 10 002.jpg
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

"MirrorMask: the Illustrated Film Script". The trade edition.

Book 10 003.jpg
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

"MirrorMask: the Illustrated Film Script" This is the S/L version from Subterranean Press. Signed by Neil and the artist/movie director Dave McKean.

Book 10 004.jpgBook 10 005.jpgBook 10 006.jpg

Comment

And finally... "Who Killed Amanda Palmer". This is a collection of photos of singer Amanda Palmer (who was with the Dresden Dolls) in various death poses. Neil wrote small stories to go with each picture. This collaboration has since led to the two of them getting married. Congratulations!

Book 10 007.jpg

Comment

Some cool left of centre adds there Terry, nice King.gif
            Last edited by Grant Wootton; 03-20-2012, 08:04 PM.

Comment

And you'll be so happy, since you know what's next.

Comment

Now, it's finally on to the Stephen King stuff. I'll start with some odds & ends and miscellany. The first is a set of nine postcards with original art by John Mercer depicting stories from "Nightmares and Dreamscapes" from the Overlook Connection. Award yourself points if you can guess each story.

Book 10 008.jpgBook 10 013.jpg

Comment

Book 10 009.jpgBook 10 010.jpgBook 10 011.jpgBook 10 012.jpg

Comment

"The Stand" and "Dark Tower" hardback collections.

Book 10 014.jpg

Comment

A bunch of anthologies.

Book 10 015.jpgBook 10 016.jpgBook 10 018.jpg

Comment

This "Dark Forces" is a book club edition, but I'm pretty sure I got it at a local used book store, so easy searchin'.

Book 10 017.jpgBook 10 019.jpgBook 10 020.jpgBook 10 021.jpg

Comment

Audiobooks. I love this version of "The Mist". It's acted out like a radio play and the 3-d sound effects are great.

Book 10 022.jpgBook 10 023.jpgBook 10 024.jpg

Comment

More audio. The old cassette sets.

Book 10 045.jpg

Comment

Couple more anthologies.

Book 10 042.jpg

Comment

One of the prides of my collection, and I got it for FREE. The first time I heard of Richard Bachman was a book review of "Thinner" in Twilight Zone Magazine. The reviewer was someone famous (I seem to think it was Charles Grant, but I can't find the info on Google) and I distinctly remember the statement that Bachman wrote about Maine like Stephen King did.

A few month later the news that Bachman was a pseudonym for King broke and "Thinner" went into a second printing and people started looking for the paperbacks of the first 4 books. And at the same time the owner of my comic store bought another shop in another part of town (more for the stock than actually keeping the location) and sent my buddy Vince to run it. The new shop was also selling used books as well as comics and Vince found a copy of "The Long Walk" soon after. Knowing what a big King fan I was, he put it aside and gave it to me. Thanks again, Vince!

Book 10 025.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X