Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American version of "Smoke & Mirrors"

Book8 011.jpg
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

"American Gods".

Book8 012.jpgBook8 013.jpg
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

"Legends II" - This is a collection of novellas and features a sequel to American Gods. Also a story (a think a prequel of sorts) set in the world of George R. R. Martin's Seven Kingdoms.

Book8 014.jpg

Comment

Trade edition of "Anansi Boys"

Book8 015.jpg

Comment

Still not read any Gaiman Nice books though!

Comment

That surprises me, Tom. You should, and soon. There's a magic, not only to his stories, but his style of writing.

Comment

I know, i know. If you could, which of his books would you recommend?

Comment

I always like to start at the beginning of a writer's career, and that would be Neverwhere. I think American Gods is my favorite novel so far, and Anansi Boys is sort of a sequel to that. The Graveyard Book is technically a YA novel, but is a great read for anyone, and has rightfully won tons of awards. And if you want to try the comics, Sandman is still among the best comics series ever produced. You should start at the beginning, but keep in mind he truly found his voice and the series got better in the second collected volume, "The Doll's House".

Comment

"Fragile Things" - I really like the design of this book, with the printed boards and see-through dust jacket, and the examples of fragile things, including a human heart.

Book8 016.jpgBook8 017.jpgBook8 018.jpg

Comment

Trade editions for some of the young reader books, "Coraline", "M is for Magic", and the wonderful "The Graveyard Book"

Book8 019.jpgBook8 020.jpgBook8 021.jpg

Comment

DC's original hardcover version of "Stardust". This is an illustrated novel, with art by Charles Vess. I got this one signed quite a few years back during one of Neil's tours, then again last year when Vess was at the Baltimore Comic Conv. Definitely one of my favorites in that respect.

Book8 023.jpgBook8 024.jpgBook8 025.jpg

Comment

Great stuff.I have not read Fragile things or neverwhere but I do own them they are in my increasingly overwelming TBR pile........or should I say wall.

Comment

REally cool stuf, Terry. I missed picking up Fragile Things, but I wish I had. And my TBR was once the size of the Kansas city phonebook too, Just keep peckin' away at it.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                              REally cool stuf, Terry. I missed picking up Fragile Things, but I wish I had. And my TBR was once the size of the Kansas city phonebook too, Just keep peckin' away at it.
                              Thanks. Next comes some of the really special stuff.

I think my TBR is more the size of the phonebook for New York City, and surrounding states.

Comment

Alright Terry, if what you've posted thus far is deemed not to be "special" stuff, I really look forward to your next collection thread posts, should be pure D AWESOME !!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X