No announcement yet.

Patrick's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is my First Edition of his second published novel, SURVIVOR, possibly my favorite Chuck Palahniuk book.

At first I thought these dots on the title page were part of the book, it took me a minute to realize that Chuck added them.

Ok, it's a 1st edition, but a 5th printing (I got into Palahniuk a little late), but hey, it's inscribed:

Last edited by Patrick; 11-15-2011, 06:15 AM.

Comment

I've read two Palanuik books, Choke and Haunted. I've always meant to read more, but haven't found the time. His newest one Damned looks terrific!
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Love the books, and the personalisation, Patrick -excellent stuff

Comment

Here is Chuck Palahniuk's third published novel, INVISIBLE MONSTERS. The First Edition is a paperback. It is the only Palahniuk book not to be published in hardcover.

This inscribed 1st edition is an 11th printing.

Last edited by Patrick; 11-15-2011, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Here is Chuck Palahniuk's fourth book, CHOKE.

This inscribed First Edition is a 7th printing.

You see these later printings because I've never paid more than cover price for a Palahniuk book, nor purchased any that were not brand new. As I said upthread, I got into Palahniuk a little late. At some point, I may starting adding 1st printings of these earlier books, but likely only if I feel that I have some opportunity to get them inscribed.

Comment

Chuck Palahniuk's fifth novel is LULLABY. It was one of the first Palahniuk books I read, but I do not own anything other than a reading copy.

Therefore, please consider this space reserved.
              Last edited by Patrick; 11-15-2011, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Here is the First Edition of Chuck Palahniuk's sixth novel, DIARY.

Oh wait, I've read it, but I don't own a decent copy of this one either.

Please consider this space under construction.

Move along.

Comment

Geez, man, I don't own Chuck Palahniuk's seventh novel, HAUNTED either.

I didn't realize just how gaping the holes were in my collection. Seriously.

I'll do better here on out, just watch.

Comment

Here is the signed limited edition of Chuck Palahniuk's eighth novel, RANT.

This was the very first signed Palahniuk I ever purchased - at a big discount because of a ding to the bottom of the book spine. I wasn't really into collecting his books (the signed books upthread were acquired later) or I would have held out and paid more for an unblemished copy.

Slipcase on left, (states Signed Limited Edition), book on right:

Ouch!

This book is not numbered nor is there an official limitation page. I wish it had both. Here is the signature, no limitation noted:

The copyright page discusses both First Editions, the Regular Edition and the Signed Limited Edition:

Last edited by Patrick; 11-15-2011, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Luvvin' these Patrick - awesome mate

Comment

Chuck Palahniuk's ninth novel was SNUFF. Here is the First Edition.

Dust jacket on your left, the book under the jacket on your right:

Creative endpaper design:

Cool inscription:

For his signings, Chuck P. seems to always have special stamps created. He stamped a lot more pages with that, "Property of..." stamp, including the title pages and the copyright page with its First Edition, 1st Printing (finally!) notation.

Comment

Here is the First Edition of Chuck Palahniuk's tenth novel, PYGMY.

Front cover of the slipcase and of the book:

Awesome inscription on my First Edition, first printing:

Chuck P. went crazy with a couple different stamps in this one, stamping at least seven different pages all the way to the opening page of the story.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                            I've read two Palanuik books, Choke and Haunted. I've always meant to read more, but haven't found the time. His newest one Damned looks terrific!
                            I was about to start reading DAMNED, when I decided to go straight into 11/22/63 first. Once I'm done I'll go back and read Chuck's new book.

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                            Love the books, and the personalisation, Patrick -excellent stuff
                            Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                            Luvvin' these Patrick - awesome mate
                            Thanks, Grant!

More to come shortly. I'm quickly learning that attempting to post things in an orderly fashion is a bit of a pain in the ...

Comment

Oh, I almost forgot. Here are the promo stickers for Palahniuk's PYGMY that were offered by the publisher.

I'm not usually into promotional materials, but I love this addition to my collection.
                              Last edited by Patrick; 11-15-2011, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Here is the First Edition of Chuck Palahniuk's eleventh novel, TELL-ALL.

That's a sticker next to the book, it came with it.

Inscription on my First Edition, first printing:

Someone's been kissing the title page:

Comment

Working...
                                X