Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theli
    replied
    Very cool collection. Though for some reason I can't see the last attachment or Skilled Defense.

Have your read much of the collection?

I also just looked through the old pictures. It's funny I never realized you had a collection thread. It was fun looking through the bookshelves. Your collection intrigues me, seems rather varied.
    Last edited by Theli; 05-07-2017, 01:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    IMG_0752.jpg
    Another Combatives Manual From 1963. Forces of TKD 1979 by Edward sell, who went on to start a Martial Arts empire in Florida. Wing Tsun Dummy Techniques by Yip Chun complete with a chart 1981 pretty neat.
    Last edited by mhatchett; 05-07-2017, 02:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    IMG_0751.jpg
    A book about Greek Karate from 1979! Another Bruce Tegner title from 1977. Ju-Jitsu by Frederick Powell from 1942. A privately published martial Arts manual from 1982.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    IMG_0750.jpg
    Mas Oyamas book by D.C. Cook published in 1982, a real find. Fighting Arts of the World, an interesting book and maybe even true to a point. Rumor has it that The Martial Arts expert/historian Robert Smith ghost wrote this book. Clubs: Clubs in Self Defense and Mob Control 1968.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]19578[/ATTACH]
    Starting to post some of my Martial Arts collection. I have almost a thousand items, including vintage magazines. The Marine Corp manual dates from 1993, Super Ju Jitsu was a home course only available through subscription for $10.00, published in 1942. The Hand-to-Hand Combat Manual FM 21-150 was published in June 1954. Super Karate in 1960. Bruce Tegner’s Complete Book of Judo, A school book fair favorite was published in 1967. The World’s Deadliest Fighting Secrets 1968 published by the notorious Count Dante of the Black Dragon Fighting Society.
    That is some fantastic stuff. Look forward to seeing more. Thanks for taking the time to share!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    IMG_0749.jpg
    Skilled Defense 1936 dedicated to J. Edgar Hoover. American Ju-Jitsu 1942.
    Last edited by mhatchett; 05-07-2017, 02:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    IMG_0748.jpg
    Starting to post some of my Martial Arts collection. I have almost a thousand items, including vintage magazines. The Marine Corp manual dates from 1993, Super Ju Jitsu was a home course only available through subscription for $10.00, published in 1942. The Hand-to-Hand Combat Manual FM 21-150 was published in June 1954. Super Karate in 1960. Bruce Tegner’s Complete Book of Judo, A school book fair favorite was published in 1967. The World’s Deadliest Fighting Secrets 1968 published by the notorious Count Dante of the Black Dragon Fighting Society.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Oh, definitely. The new issues are worth checking out.

sk

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Is it really FM without the Ackermaster? HAHAHA!!

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    I read all those Warren publicatins when I was a kid.
    FM is still going strong (issue # 257 has just been published) and I'm having a blast with the Creepy, Eerie and Vampirella hc re-issues

sk

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    You know it's all about room!! Ackerman, what an interesting life. I read all those Warren publicatins when I was a kid.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Like what I see here.
    Except for that red little booklet tucked away somewhere at the back.
    FJA deserves better!

sk
    Last edited by frik51; 08-23-2011, 03:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    A few more Collection Shots

HPIM1346.jpgHPIM1345.jpgHPIM1347.jpg

A few more. I'll get around to the rest over time. I'm actually weeding right now. A good mix I think. A nd I think I do detect a slight bowing on one shelf. Oh well, they're old. They're allowed to bow a little. MDH

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Great collection, can't wait to see more!

I see you have The Historian. I thought it was a great book. Honestly, it scared the hell out of me... That was because I was reading it during the summer at this little summer house, and one time when I went down to the basement there was this small pool of blood in the corner... A few weeks passed before I picked the book up again to finish it.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Thanks Tito, I enjoy books and all the accoutrement, bookcases, bookends, etc. I’ve been collecting for years. I’ll post a few more pictures later. I have two huge spinning bookcases that have a certain pride of place. Good books deserve a good home.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X