X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srboone View Post

Weak and Wounded by Brian James Freeman

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14354[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14355[/ATTACH]

Here's my BJF library. I missed out on the ARC and HC of The Painted Darkness and the ARC of Dreamlike States (though I have S/L coming).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14356[/ATTACH]
    That's a very good collection of Brian's books you have there Squire.

I have still yet to read any of Brian's work but I certainly intend to start as soon as possible.
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

Comment

Fianlly, A couple of books from B&N for this year's TBR:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14357[/ATTACH]
      An excellent choice, Squire!!!

Both The Count of Monte Cristo and Les Misérables are probably amongst the most important and greatest pieces of French literature ever written and they are both in my top ten favourite books of all time. I absolutely guarantee that you will love them!!!
      "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
      - Stephen King

Comment

I loved The Count of Monte Cristo but have neve read Les Miserables. May have to add that one to the ever growing TBR list.
        Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
        An excellent choice, Squire!!!

Both The Count of Monte Cristo and Les Misérables are probably amongst the most important and greatest pieces of French literature ever written and they are both in my top ten favourite books of all time. I absolutely guarantee that you will love them!!!
        Last edited by Martin; 01-27-2014, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Really like the adds. I to want to read more of the classics that I have yet to read. Both of these I might have to check out.

Comment

Nice additions and Brian James Freeman collection!

Comment

January was a big month for packages. Here's some more of my additions:

Weird Fiction REview #4 from Cemtipede Press. Completes my WFR collection:

WFR.jpg

And the new Ronald Kelly book, Restless Shadows from Thunderstorm:

RS1 (1).jpg

#5/80. Like the signature page, but I await one where Ron is smiling!

RS2.jpg

Textured endpapers:

RS3.jpg
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Nice additions! I really like Restless Shadows! Thunderstorm always puts out great looking books.

Comment

Four Zombies:

4Z1.jpg4Z2.jpg

And, of course, PS's Pet Semetary!

PS1.jpg

I didn't get a number one this time:

PS2.jpg

I like the edition very much but am disappointed that Pet Semetary is about 1/8th of an inch taller than Christine. That doesn't display the attention to detail that I expect from the best small presses, but it is more than acceptable.

PS3.jpg
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Thunderstorm always has unique End Papers. Love their stuff!
                    January was a big month for packages. Here's some more of my additions:

Weird Fiction REview #4 from Cemtipede Press. Completes my WFR collection:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14518[/ATTACH]

And the new Ronald Kelly book, Restless Shadows from Thunderstorm:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14519[/ATTACH]

#5/80. Like the signature page, but I await one where Ron is smiling!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14520[/ATTACH]

Textured endpapers:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14521[/ATTACH]

Comment

Very nice additions! Love the endpapers on Restless Shadows, almost hypnotic.

Comment

Nice adds. Waiting for my copy of Restless Shadows. Those end papers are Hard on the eyes. Reminds me of Thunderstorms edition of The Novellas by KPB.

Comment

Great adds to your collection Squire!! It's rather strange about what has happened to your copy of Pet Sematary, I have just measured my copy of it against Christine and they are identical.
                          - Stephen King

Comment

Maybe Pete put it on the rack before shipping it out to Squire. It is strange though, especially if it's a unique case. Does the book fit snuggly in the case, or is the slipcase itself just a little oversized? It would be even more stranger if the book and case were oversized, but uniquely so.

Comment

Snug as a bug! I honestly didn't check the books outside of their slipcases, but I'll do that first thing when I get home! It's not really a big deal. Just one of those things I look for. (One of my biggest faults is that I sometimes miss the big picture when looking at the details....I guess that's the "forest for the trees" thing.)
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I measured my PS Kings and Pet Semetary is 1/8 inch taller than Christine! How does that happen?
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X