No announcement yet.

srboone's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read his response to your review. A little ungrateful like he expects only 5 star reviews, but at least he was happy you read it.

And your on quite a roll with the GR wins.

Comment

The point of my review was that it was misrepresented in the blurb. Probably to try to get readers outside of his own classes (where it's required reading, no doubt.).
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Can you imagine the litigation that would arise if there were bait-and-switch laws applicable to jacket blurbs?

Comment

I guess negative criticism is hard thing to take, but it's the name of the game. I'd rather have an honest but neutral or negative review than ass kissing bullshit. No one has ever improved by people kissing their butts.

Comment

I would never not read something due to a negative or neutral review. Reviews are just an opinion and I may like the story. I would avoid an author based on a snarky response to a review though!

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
              No one has ever improved by people kissing their butts.
              I've improved a few people by...well um wait I see what you mean now

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                I would never not read something due to a negative or neutral review. Reviews are just an opinion and I may like the story. I would avoid an author based on a snarky response to a review though!
                Exactly! It's completely self defeating.

Comment

Can't believe your luck on the GR wins...... amazing, just amazing....and lucky too!

Comment

I experimented with GR and entered everything for about 5 days (I wanted to go for a week, but I ran into Easter and the fact that there were 332 giveaways that ended 01 April--I wasn't gonna sit and do that). I didn't win anything that first day, but I scored an average of two wins per night. However, I ended up with stuff To LoveA Sea Rogue and Rare Atmosphere, so I stopped.

Bu what I've won is nothing to cared to the list Sabrina has compiled (she just doesn't bring it out until she's done, but if you watching her current reading list, you'll see whta she's most likely won.)
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Still you have to admit you play the game well.

Comment

Won another last night. 11/15 are books I'd consider buying if I came upon them at the bookshop. Not bad...
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Stopped by B&N the other day and this looked interesting:

DSCF3692 (600x800).jpg

The I debated whether or not to take trip down to Half Price books this morning. The deciding factor was I wanted to see if there was a missing chapter from CD's The Loveliest Dead by Ray Garton or if the chapter are merely misnumbered (I was hoping HP stil had a copy) . And they are simply misnumbered. The CD edition simply skips 11 in the chapter numeration. But what I also discovered there caused me to skip the movie I had intended to go to this morning:

First, a 1st print trade of Heart-Shaped Box.

DSCF3716 (600x800).jpg

I'll have to work to rejuvenate the cover before putting it in a plastic cover. At this point, I still had hopes of making the 11:30 am showing of 42. Until....
                          Last edited by srboone; 04-12-2013, 04:45 PM.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

...I found this in the discount rack (like another another can of beans...).

DSCF3712 (480x640).jpgDSCF3702 (480x640).jpg

I was able to rescue it from the probing fingers of HPB patrons before any real damage had occurred (who KNOWS where their fingers might have been!). I'm glad I didn't opt to take this instead of the 2nd selection for the Book Club!
                            Last edited by srboone; 04-12-2013, 05:02 PM.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                              ...I found this in the discount rack (like another another can of beans...).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12346[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12345[/ATTACH]

I was able to rescue it from the probing fingers of HPB patrons before any real damage had occurred (who KNOWS where their fingers might have been!). I'm glad I didn't opt to take this instead of the 2nd selection for the Book Club!
                              Nice! To address your Loveliest Dead curiosity, it was a typo which we didn't find until after the ARC's where printed.
                              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I figured that, but I wanted to see for myself. I had read the ARC last year and didn't notice anything missing from the story.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X