srboone's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSCF2772 (480x640).jpg

It's Nabakov's outline for his next novel on 138 notecards that his wife didn't destroy according to Nabakov's wishes. His son Dimitri authorized the publication of the book.

DSCF2775 (480x640).jpg

You know, Hemingway refused to have published some of his writings and for a reason. The ones published posthumously are not his best works, and some leave me srcatching my head. So I'm kinda hesitant to delve into this one, but I bought it anyway.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Very interesting purchase.

Comment

Looks like an interesting book Squire! I'm jealous you have such easy access to a HPB store!

Comment

I passed up a 1st/1st of Neil Gaiman's Don't Panic and 1st/1st of Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency which I think is Adams' best and funniest book on this trip to HPB.
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

So am I we now only have a B & N around here.We do have a great book store that deals in old books and used books.I get to the library sales when ever I can.I would love a HPB near by but my family would not.
            Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
            Looks like an interesting book Squire! I'm jealous you have such easy access to a HPB store!

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
              So am I we now only have a B & N around here.We do have a great book store that deals in old books and used books.I get to the library sales when ever I can.I would love a HPB near by but my family would not.
              Your family would not like it where I am then, though you would. I have one that's probably less than 5 minutes away from me, and at least 2 more within 15-30 minutes. One of them has even sold CD limited editions before (Seen Moonbane there on two occasions, so I wouldn't be surprised if they sold others)!
              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
              Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                Your family would not like it where I am then, though you would. I have one that's probably less than 5 minutes away from me, and at least 2 more within 15-30 minutes. One of them has even sold CD limited editions before (Seen Moonbane there on two occasions, so I wouldn't be surprised if they sold others)!
                Wow, thats awesome!! I guess BW and I will just have to send you out to do some shopping for us?!

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                  Wow, thats awesome!! I guess BW and I will just have to send you out to do some shopping for us?!

Comment

I've also seen one or two CD titles at my nearest HPB, though only trade editions like William Peter Blatty's Elsewhere
                    Spoiler!

Comment

Every time I see a signed CD volume in a HPB, it looks like it's been through a meat grinder (except the ones in the glass cases.) I makes me sad...
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Yeah. I came across some titles that I would have wanted at a used book store. The only thing was the fact that they looked like they had been the dog's chew toys before landing at the store...

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                          Every time I see a signed CD volume in a HPB, it looks like it's been through a meat grinder (except the ones in the glass cases.) I makes me sad...
                          Lot of books I see there could fall in that category, though the signed books I have come across have all actually looked pretty good. The closest one to me has been selling a Lansdale book for a long time now with no luck. Could be because of the water damage to a lot of the pages and it not being on a clearance shelf for $1
                          Spoiler!

Comment

Now that the holidays are over, my book shipments can get through. Today I got the first of 5 ebay covert missions: a 1st/1st of Pet Semetery.

DSCF2791 (480x640).jpg

DSCF2793 (480x640).jpg

DSCF2797 (640x480).jpg

DSCF2819 (480x640).jpg
                            Last edited by srboone; 07-06-2012, 07:37 PM.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I already have a first first of PS, but the one I have was described as a NF/NF copy in the Amazon Marketplace. When I told the seller he shouldn't be allowed to sell on Amazon and that he was paying the shipping for me to return it to him as well as refunding my money, he told me to keep the book and he refunded my money, rounded to the next highest $10. I guess that was a bribe. It must have worked because I never submitted feed back on the seller. But that was the last time I bought anything from the Amazon Marketplace.

Seriously? NF/NF?

DSCF2799 (480x640).jpg

I didn't want to know what that stain was from.

DSCF2803 (480x640).jpg

This is what made me blow my top.

DSCF2807 (480x640).jpg

I'm much more confident in sellers on ABE, Biblio, and ebay (though I know something's gonna go wrong there eventually).

Another ebay snipe coming tomorrow!
                              Last edited by srboone; 07-06-2012, 07:35 PM.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

This came yesterday: CD's Slipcase for TWTTK.

DSCF2820 (149x640).jpg

DSCF2822 (480x640).jpg

DSCF2824 (226x640).jpg

For some reason I ordered a 2nd printing along with this, but that's ok. My first print trade is in the case.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X