No announcement yet.

srboone's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the package was set to arrive tonight at around 6pm, but there was a baby shower in my neighbrhood and it had probably 50 more cars than it usually has, the road was down to one lane--I guess the USPS guy couldn't or didn't want to try to get through. So some things will stop the mail...

What pisses me off, is thatonline it said delivery WAS attempted, but I was home at the time and heard no step upon my stair nor knock upon my door.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

What's on the other side of that white door? Have you ever stepped through it just to see?
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Nothing. I found it hanging in the air in my back yard, but it wouldn't open for me. I was able to take it down and put in my garage; it openned then, but it's just a door.

I looked at it from the inside and I looked at it from the outside. And it's just as I figured. Gose all the way through.

I hope I didn't spoil anything.....
        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

To bad you took it down...maybe. You never know what may have walked through it.
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Quote the Raven..........Mail men suck!!!.Not always but they do get big money and some complain alot.My mailman actually told me 2 years ago to get a bigger mail box or he was not going to deliver my mail if I kept getting packages.Well actully he told that to my wife.When I confronted him about it he backed down.
            Originally posted by srboone View Post
            Well, the package was set to arrive tonight at around 6pm, but there was a baby shower in my neighbrhood and it had probably 50 more cars than it usually has, the road was down to one lane--I guess the USPS guy couldn't or didn't want to try to get through. So some things will stop the mail...

What pisses me off, is thatonline it said delivery WAS attempted, but I was home at the time and heard no step upon my stair nor knock upon my door.

Comment

Report him to his branch supervisor. That works wonders!

I had an instance in which the mail man just didn't get out of his truck so that I could sign for a package because it was drizzling. He left a slip for me to pick up the package the following day instead. I "tracked" him down (I knew the route) and got my package. I then called the branch and reported him. He's never worked my route again. I don't know just what happened to him, but I don't really care, either.

John

Comment

Well, I don't exactly know what happened, so I'm not gonna cause any trouble without knowing exactly what transpired. I emailed the PO and said not to let anybody pick it up at post office. I'll wait up all day tomorrow for the package and then make a decision.
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

To console myself, I made a trip to Half price books today. Picked up acouple of numbers.

First a 1st/1st US HC of Lisey's Story--to go along with the BCE slipcased edition I have.

DSCF2477 (480x640).jpg

DSCF2479 (640x480).jpg

DSCF2481 (480x640).jpg
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Next up is a 1st US HC of Tales of the White Wolf, a short story collection about Michael Moorcock's albino warrior Elric by various authors (including Tad Williams, Karl Edward Wagner, Nacy Collins, Gary Gygax,and Neil Gaiman.)

Cover Art by Brom.

DSCF2483 (480x640).jpg
                    Last edited by srboone; 06-03-2012, 10:45 PM.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

There are 13 interiors by 12 credited artists. There's no list of illustrations, but the pics seem to follow the list for the most part: Larry McDougal, Timothy Bradstreet, Richard Thomas, Mark Jackson, Lawrence Allen Williams, Tony Diterlizzi, Joshua Gabriel Timbrook, John Cobb, Andrew Mitchell Kudecka, George Pratt, Richard Kane Fergusen, and Jeff Rebner

DSCF2484 (480x640).jpg

DSCF2486 (480x640).jpg

DSCF2488 (480x640).jpg
                      Last edited by srboone; 06-03-2012, 10:56 PM.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

DSCF2490 (480x640).jpg

DSCF2492 (480x640).jpg

DSCF2494 (480x640).jpg
                        Last edited by srboone; 06-03-2012, 10:59 PM.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

DSCF2496 (480x640).jpg

DSCF2498 (480x640).jpg

DSCF2500 (480x640).jpg
                          Last edited by srboone; 06-03-2012, 11:00 PM.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

DSCF2502 (480x640).jpg

DSCF2504 (480x640).jpg

DSCF2507 (480x640).jpg

I don't know who this last one is by but the signature looks like "SMIF"

DSCF2508 (480x640).jpg

Anyway, I feel better, but still am anxious about tomorrow.
                            Last edited by srboone; 06-03-2012, 11:06 PM.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

How about sending me that lisey DJ. That's all I need to have a mint lisey first. Lol.

Also, I went to the mall today to look for esquire and the damn mall was closed. I thought it was monday...but its not. Lol. Mall closes at 5 Sundays. I wansnt happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                                How about sending me that lisey DJ. That's all I need to have a mint lisey first. Lol.
                                It's not a mint cover. There's a small nick on the back side of the book. A plastic cover would take care of that...if i bothered to put them on my books. I should try it just once, I suppose.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X