No announcement yet.

srboone's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I call them, I never use email. Mostly because they don't promptly update their site with what's available and what isn't. When I call up, I usually have 3 or 4 items to ask about, 1 of which I will get. I will have them email me current lists of available books in their different "collections", though.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

How come you don't just order directly from the site?

Comment

The times I have emailed them, it took them a while to get back to me. It's easier for me to pick up the phone and call them.
        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

These were mentioned in an other thread. These are only papberbacks, but my favorite fantasy series:

The First Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, The Unbeliever:

DSCF1626.jpg

Although I've read these each at least 4 times (LFB more than that), I first read them in HC's from my hometown library. I don't remember when I aquired these, but #1 is an 18th print, # 2 a 2nd print, # 3 a 1st print. #2 is my favorite of the TC novels so far.
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Continuation of the series (jumping ahead 4000 years), The Second Chornicles of Thomas Covenant, The Unbeliever.

DSCF1627.jpg

Amost unusual and complex continuation of the saga, highly enjoyable. The penultimate chapter of the Wounded Land is my favorite scene in the entire 6 books. The second series I've only read once, but I mean to remedy that next year! #1(4) is a 7th print, #2(5) is a 4th print, #3(6) is a 1st print.
            Last edited by srboone; 04-19-2012, 09:37 PM.
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I also have those editions. I absolutely love the Darrell K. Sweet artwork on the covers. In fact, I believe those paperbacks are some of the first books I bought for myself.
              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

They are...sweet!
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Not gonna lie, when I saw these my thought was NOW I REALLY don't want to read them. solely based on the artwork.

Comment

Well, I expected that from you, Teri. Contrariwise!
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

my Aunt used to call me Contrary Teri...not sure of her reasons though.

Comment

Seriously, you don't know.....lol, the jokes on me, I guess!
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I know why you did, I dont know why she did as I was like two at the time.

Comment

Contrary to ConTeri, I like 'em Mr Boone

Comment

No one asked you Grant. Shut yer face Mate lol

Comment

<sigh> do I have to act as cheesemaker...I mean peacemaker for you two?
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X