No announcement yet.

srboone's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, it's like 2 steps foward, 10 steps back! But we never really want the coyote to catch roadie, tho. What we want to see is the pain inflicted for stupidity. That's why we watch.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Or as my father used to say: "That poor, old, DUMB coyote."
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Well, I have it in my hands, now. It is indeed huge!

DSCF1499.jpg

In retrospect, I could have spent $225 and ordered it directly from Centipede and probably gotten one that did not have bumps on the lower edge ogf the bookcase, but oh, well. I happy.
        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Didn't you order the Deluxe though? Centipeded doesn't have any.

Comment

Pictures from the book have been posted before, so I won't do that at this time, but I may after I have a chance to look thorugh it. While the book is indeed large, it is not the largest book in my collection:

DSCF1512.jpg

THis was posted in my thread already and is #17 on page one (unless someone messes around with posts per page again!)

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showt...e-s-collection
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Which got me thinking about how much I'm spending on thes doggone books. (Unlike some posters, I don't have unlimited resources from which to draw upon.) Knowing Darkness ranks 5th on list of biggest hits my pocketbook has taken in a single book.

DSCF1514.jpg

#1 The Kelmscott Chaucer
              #2 IT s/l #583
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

DSCF1515.jpg

#3 David Copperfield deluxe edition #42/400
                #4 The Martian Chronicles s/unnumbered
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

DSCF1523.jpg

#5 Knowing Darkness

beating out by $.06

#6 Ghost Story s/l, Hill House.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                    Didn't you order the Deluxe though? Centipeded doesn't have any.
                    It's not the deluxe edition, so it didn't have the second book it. so what is still available on Centiopede's site is what I got...I'm not going to complain.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Ahhh, you finally took the plunge. Quite a book, isn't it? I think, my budget is less than yours, especially now. So, my "Eyes of the Dragon" and then the S/L "It" then the s/l "Salem's Lot" have been my biggest.
                      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Very nice Squire! A great addition to your wonderful collection!

My top purchases, hmm:

1. S/L Full Dark No Stars
                        2. ... .....
                        3. ..

(2 and 3 purposely left blank because they aren't in my possession yet. But soon will be, muahahahaha! )

Comment

Easy, Pete, easy now.

Comment

I hate you guys.

Comment

But remember, Ter, we've all been doing this for about 20 years longer than you and have pretty well established careers, and lives. Just think how much we'll be hating you in 10 in 15 years.

Comment

There's probably a 5-year old out there somewhere who will be hating on you Teri in 20 years!
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X