No announcement yet.

srboone's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Holiday's I think are Christmas Day, New Years Day, Presidents Day (most businesses are open), Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Columbus Day, and Thanksgiving. I don't think I missed any.

Edit: Also a lot of the schools call the time they get off for Easter, "Spring Break" and they usually have the spring parent-teacher confrences around now (I think, it's been a long time)
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

What about Boxing Day? I see that on all my calandars, dirtying up my birthday! You better tell me you get that off, or I might be pissed! It's bad enough that Kwanzaa starts on that day too!
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

So you actually get more...now who is lazy? lol

Comment

No, only ontario gets boxing day. I fucked off to Alberta this year to see Mason though and didn't work at all for the week for Christmas. Came back just in time for my double and a half pay for New years.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
            So you actually get more...now who is lazy? lol
            That's really just the official government holidays. Most workplaces are open for most of those.

Instagram

Comment

I work in the hospitality industry. There are no days off there. Sure I get paid a little more on those days, but unless I've requested it off or it falls on my day off, I'm working. I worked Labor Day for 17 years straight before I took one off.

But I am lazy.
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

The ones I named are STAT holidays meaning no one works and if u do you get holiday pay plus time and a half. They Vary by province but most of them are standard like the 5 I get. So today I get $27.50/hr. instead of my measly $11/hr. but i was sick on sunday So I lost a day...I'll break even on my pay.

Comment

There's really only 2 Holiday's these days where almost everything is closed. Christmas and Thanksgiving, and that's starting to change as well.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                    I work in the hospitality industry. There are no days off there. Sure I get paid a little more on those days, but unless I've requested it off or it falls on my day off, I'm working. I worked Labor Day for 17 years straight before I took one off.

But I am lazy.
                    Same here, we are "emergency services" we work em all unless it happens to be your scheduled day off or you book it off/take vacation. someone is ALWAYS here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                      There's really only 2 Holiday's these days where almost everything is closed. Christmas and Thanksgiving, and that's starting to change as well.
                      The only things that stay opened on the stats around here are emergency services type places like me, cops, hospitals ect., the usual and Retaurants/Fast food/coffee/gas. everything else closes down. Those places only close on Christmas day, and even then you can still get gas and corner store stuff. but they get paid well for working it if you have to.

Comment

We get today off in England, and Monday, we even get an extra days holiday because of the Queen this year! I knew she was good for something

Comment

Oh If only Nova Scotia got Victoria Day then I may consider any of the queens of good use. lol

Comment

Wow, reading some of these posts re holidays makes me glad I live here in Oz (at least for the April anyways).

We get the four days off (Good Friday - through Easter Monday) plus ANZAC Day (like your Memorial Day, I think) off on April 25th (if the day itself falls on a weekday, which it does this year)

Anyway Squire, love the way that you store your chap books, and, offhand, I couldn't think of a better way to store these little gems. Question, what size are the folders and the plastic sleeves you use (I want to track down some here, but don't think that I've seen them here in that particular size).

I like your signed Ad Nauseam, too

Comment

The sleeves are standard (in the expanded colonies anyway) 3-ring 5x8 sleeves. The binders are DayPlanner size. I bought all my stuff at Office Max. Online I have seen larger binders with folders around them for shelf storage of business records that might work also, but haven't explored that option yet.
                              Last edited by srboone; 04-07-2012, 01:09 PM.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Ditto here I have had 1 Thanksgiving off in the last 22 years.But can't complain as all holidays are double time except Christmas and Thanksgiving.Those 2 are tripple time.
                                Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                                Same here, we are "emergency services" we work em all unless it happens to be your scheduled day off or you book it off/take vacation. someone is ALWAYS here.

Comment

Working...
                                X