No announcement yet.

srboone's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, guys. I remember not being too impressed with Arkham Asylum when it came out, probably because in the late 80s, there was a glut of Batman graphic novels coming out--there was a glut of EVERYTHING comics coming out; which lead to the comic market crash of the early 90s (I was fortunate to get out before that happened.) But over the years, I've come to appreciate AA more....
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I always loved Arkham, but more for McKean's art. And you're right about that glut. They felt the need to do many, many tie-ins each time a movie came out, and anyone with any popularity had a story they wanted to do, and DC let them.
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I'll get at least one package today, but in the meantime, I mentioned the glut of Batman graphic novels that filled 1989 amd 1990. Most of them I was able to dump when I got out of the scene, but here's one of the ones that I couldn't. So it's now in my collection thread. I haven't read it in years but it wasn't all that interesting.

Digital Justice by Pepe Moreno, 1990. All images were computer-generated; Story and art by Moreno. Basically, The Joker is a virus in the matrix, Batman is a digital recreation to fight the virus. Still, it's A 1st...

DSCF1415.jpg

DSCF1429.jpg
        Last edited by srboone; 04-05-2012, 06:54 PM.
        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

DSCF1417.jpg

DSCF1421.jpg

DSCF1419.jpg
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

DSCF1423.jpg

DSCF1427.jpg

DSCF1426.jpg
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Still waiting on 2 packages from Easton Press (Who knows when they'll get here), one from South Dakota and one from Washington State! The one from SD will be here tomorrow, but the one from WA will be here today!
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Packages are the best! I get all excited like its Christmas every time I'm expecting a package. I hope to receive 2 after the weekend.

Comment

Package from Washington State in the mailbox. I blame DAN for this purchase. I probably could have happily lived the rest of my life and never known about this website...

DSCF1431.jpg

DSCF1435.jpg

Too bad the postman rolled it up to get it to fit...
                  Last edited by srboone; 04-05-2012, 08:01 PM.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

A signed 3rd print!

DSCF1433.jpg
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

DSCF1437.jpg

The Pull-Out Poster is of this Oatmeal classic.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/printers
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Came with a free bumper sticker of my choice (6 or 8 to choose from).

DSCF1439.jpg

Maybe next week for the EPs....
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Oh man, must.... go.... order.... that.... now....
                          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Stupid mailman. I dont think theyre technically allowed to roll shit up like that. At least not CP. Pretty sure anyway, if they did it to me I'd take a fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                              Oh man, must.... go.... order.... that.... now....
                              I may have been happy not knowing about the site, but I'll take insanely happy any day, Dan. Thanks!
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Very nice.I plan on posting graphic novels next month in honor of the first Sat. in May being my favorite holiday next to Christmas...Free comic book day
                                Originally posted by srboone View Post
                                I'll get at least one package today, but in the meantime, I mentioned the glut of Batman graphic novels that filled 1989 amd 1990. Most of them I was able to dump when I got out of the scene, but here's one of the ones that I couldn't. So it's now in my collection thread. I haven't read it in years but it wasn't all that interesting.

Digital Justice by Pepe Moreno, 1990. All images were computer-generated; Story and art by Moreno. Basically, The Joker is a virus in the matrix, Batman is a digital recreation to fight the virus. Still, it's A 1st...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6348[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6349[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                                X