No announcement yet.

srboone's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But I did find what I used as a book mark while reading these tomes.

03-30-2012 07;37;03PM.jpg

This must have been from the 4th or 5th time I saw it in the theater, because the first 3 were $10 tickets!
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Sure, if they're awesome! I've never been in a Turkish prison, tho: and I can't stand legf**k dogs...
        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Have I missed it ? Have i missed the battle ?

Oh, never mind ....

Love the books Squire, your taste in books in beyond compare

Comment

Very nice editions Squire. I happen to be fond of history so I think that these are great!

Comment

Ok now I agree with Teri I hate you.I was hoping to post this first.Oh well nice book.I don't really hate you i'll save that for Teri.
              Originally posted by srboone View Post
              What i really wanted though was a copy of their edition of Robert Graves' The Greek Myths I & II. A friend of mine had this set and that's what led me to the Folio Society. He said it had been his free gift when he joined. But the free gift was a pocket Oxford English Dictionary and Thesaurus. So I emailed them and said that the only thing preventing me from joining was that this was no longer available as the free gift so they agreed to send it to me instead. It's one of their most popular editions. It was in its 18th printing. Graves also wrote I, Claudius and Claudius the God, which I had just finished reading.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6006[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6007[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6008[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6009[/ATTACH]

Graves was not an educated man, his knowledge of the Greek Myths came from his own research. But his GM 1&2 read like a scholarly treatise and are his way of explaining the myths. Very profound reading.

Comment

Thanks guys. I just never really wanted anything else from FS; Everytime I thought I did, Easton press came out with an edition.

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                Ok now I agree with Teri I hate you.I was hoping to post this first.Oh well nice book.I don't really hate you i'll save that for Teri.
                Folio's edition or just The greek Myths? Beacuse I found out that EP had an edition of it in a 10-volume set Myths of the Acncient World.
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Something else from my TBR. Fritz Leiber's Fafhrd and Gray Mouser series. Found in a used bookstore sometime duringthe 80s.

DSCF1371.jpg

DSCF1375.jpg

1, 2, 3, 4, & 6 are collections of short stories and novellas. Book five The Swords of Lankhmar is actually a novel. A DM of mine used to like to use Lankhmar as a seting for his campaigns, so I've probably encountered all these adventures filtered through the warped sensibilities of one Mark Kneavitt, but I've been meaning to read them.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Just before Mark left for the police academy, I saw him toting around a 7th F&GM book and eventually I found it back alley as well.

DSCF1377.jpg
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Folio's editon.Ilike it but did not get anything else from them.At the time it was about the price not the quality.As you can tell I now understand how importan both are.

Comment

When my grandmother passed in '93, I found the following BCEs in here collection:

DSCF1379.jpg

DSCF1381.jpg
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

DSCF1383.jpg

DSCF1385.jpg
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

DSCF1387.jpg

So that did it. I knew I had to get them read at some point. I'd read two of the stories (Ill Met in Lankhmar and Bizzar of the Bizarre) as they were anthologized in other books. Fotr now, they're just midlin' chillin' on my TBR.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

That is great.You had one super cool grandma.

Comment

Look Squire not only was I the actual 1000 post on your thread...My 1000th post was on your thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X