• srboone
    replied
    Four Zombies:

4Z1.jpg4Z2.jpg

And, of course, PS's Pet Semetary!

PS1.jpg

I didn't get a number one this time:

PS2.jpg

I like the edition very much but am disappointed that Pet Semetary is about 1/8th of an inch taller than Christine. That doesn't display the attention to detail that I expect from the best small presses, but it is more than acceptable.

PS3.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Nice additions! I really like Restless Shadows! Thunderstorm always puts out great looking books.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    January was a big month for packages. Here's some more of my additions:

Weird Fiction REview #4 from Cemtipede Press. Completes my WFR collection:

WFR.jpg

And the new Ronald Kelly book, Restless Shadows from Thunderstorm:

RS1 (1).jpg

#5/80. Like the signature page, but I await one where Ron is smiling!

RS2.jpg

Textured endpapers:

RS3.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    Nice additions and Brian James Freeman collection!

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Really like the adds. I to want to read more of the classics that I have yet to read. Both of these I might have to check out.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I loved The Count of Monte Cristo but have neve read Les Miserables. May have to add that one to the ever growing TBR list.
    Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    An excellent choice, Squire!!!

Both The Count of Monte Cristo and Les Misérables are probably amongst the most important and greatest pieces of French literature ever written and they are both in my top ten favourite books of all time. I absolutely guarantee that you will love them!!!
    Last edited by Martin; 01-27-2014, 04:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• T-Dogz_AK47
    replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Fianlly, A couple of books from B&N for this year's TBR:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14357[/ATTACH]
    An excellent choice, Squire!!!

Both The Count of Monte Cristo and Les Misérables are probably amongst the most important and greatest pieces of French literature ever written and they are both in my top ten favourite books of all time. I absolutely guarantee that you will love them!!!

Leave a comment:

• T-Dogz_AK47
    replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post

Weak and Wounded by Brian James Freeman

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14354[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14355[/ATTACH]

Here's my BJF library. I missed out on the ARC and HC of The Painted Darkness and the ARC of Dreamlike States (though I have S/L coming).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14356[/ATTACH]
    That's a very good collection of Brian's books you have there Squire.

I have still yet to read any of Brian's work but I certainly intend to start as soon as possible.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Fianlly, A couple of books from B&N for this year's TBR:

C&L.jpg

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Some more stuff I recieved this week:

Chills by Rick Hautala

CH1.jpgCH2.jpg

Weak and Wounded by Brian James Freeman

WW1.jpgWW2.jpg

Here's my BJF library. I missed out on the ARC and HC of The Painted Darkness and the ARC of Dreamlike States (though I have S/L coming).

BJF.jpg

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    The cover and art of the Rohmer book sure look really good - I love ancient Egypt type stuff - reviews seem very mixed though - regardless it's a very nice addition.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    I love BEE's books and all of them are really sick but AP definitely wins for most disturbing although Glamorama is more violent, I wish he would get back to writing novels and leave Hollywood alone

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    I still need to read that book. Would love the CP copy, but I can borrow a friends paperback til then.

Leave a comment:

• T-Dogz_AK47
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
    The only CP book I have is American Psycho. I think it is a very nice production. Expensive though.
    That book is very, very disturbing. For Bret Easton Ellis to imagine and write such graphic material, you have to wonder about the state of his mental health. As it's particular prose is written in the first person, I wondered if it was a semi autobiographical account of his own sociopathic fantasies. The guy is clearly not right, definitely misogynistic and could probably do with a psych evaluation.

I though it was like reading something written by Ted Bundy himself. However, that was the entire point and I do think the shocking nature and controversy that surrounds the book is why it has become so successful in the first place.
    Last edited by T-Dogz_AK47; 01-19-2014, 05:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Joe315
    replied
    The only CP book I have is American Psycho. I think it is a very nice production. Expensive though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X