srboone's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    I love "The Andromeda Strain" I thought it was a great book.
    I agree, Dan. What I meant to say was that I didn't habitually read Crichton and deciding to get the book was made lackadasically.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
      I agree, Dan. What I meant to say was that I didn't habitually read Crichton and deciding to get the book was made lackadasically.
      Yea neither do I. TBH I think "The Andromeda Strain" is the only Crichton book I've read, and it's been years since I read it.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Crichton is another author I've never read.
        Life is just too short!

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
          Crichton is another author I've never read.
          Life is just too short!

sk
          My feelings exactly! I think I'm done with MC...
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I loved Jurassic Park and the Andromeda Strain and thought The Lost World was pretty good. Rising Sun, I had no use for. Overall I'd say Crichton was much better with his science stuff.
            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Well, I'm back and I must say I really enjoyed "A Conversation with Stephen King." But it started out being advertised as a reading followed by the sit down conversation. The reading was part of the pre-game slideshow which included things people had written in the memories book at the Sixth Floor Museum. King reading snipets from his book were interspersed through out. He couldn't have read more than 10 seconds at a time and since the loop was about 6 minutes long, there weren't that many. Oh well.

When he wasn't waxing political, King had something interesting to say. He's witty, sly and I really think that he still can't believe he's been able to write full-time for 30+ years. Very enjoyable evening.

It all ended with a big fustercluck when the organizers realized that there would be a stampede for books at the end. They had to hold half of us back for about 45 minutes, but it all worked out in the end. We passed the time talking about first Kings read, favorites and least favorites. I was greeted with a chorus of "no way"s when I said The Complete and Uncut Version of The Stand was my least favorite King. Ce la vie...
              Last edited by srboone; 11-11-2011, 04:16 AM.
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Of course, it all started with this:

Untitled.jpg
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Here is the program for the evening:

Untitled1.jpg
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Followed by a shot everybody is familiar with:

Untitled2.jpg
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Culminating in the money shot:

Untitled3.jpg

My first signed King book.

I do have a Signed/Limited It coming, but that will probably be it for a while (signed Kings). I'm happy......
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Thanks for the update, Squire.
                        A great way to start my day.
                        And, of course congratulations on your first signed King book!

sk

Comment

Way to go Squire !!!! I envy you seeing the great man up close and kind of, sort of personal !!!! Excellent stuff !!!!

Comment

Congrats Squire! Would love to go to a KIng event one day!

Comment

Yes I agree congrats.Loved the pictures.Love looking at all the collections.Soon as I figure out how to down load photos to the site I will start posting my collection.

Comment

"It's easy! When posting, hit the image button (this one here.............^)" <----Paste the fragment in quotes into the quick reply box and you'll see which button.

Comment

Working...
                                X