srboone's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Now that the holidays are over, my book shipments can get through. Today I got the first of 5 ebay covert missions: a 1st/1st of Pet Semetery.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9795[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9796[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9797[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9798[/ATTACH]
    HATECHU! Mines a BCE

Comment

I already have a first first of PS, but the one I have was described as a NF/NF copy in the Amazon Marketplace. When I told the seller he shouldn't be allowed to sell on Amazon and that he was paying the shipping for me to return it to him as well as refunding my money, he told me to keep the book and he refunded my money, rounded to the next highest $10. I guess that was a bribe. It must have worked because I never submitted feed back on the seller. But that was the last time I bought anything from the Amazon Marketplace.

Seriously? NF/NF?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9799[/ATTACH]

I didn't want to know what that stain was from.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9800[/ATTACH]

This is what made me blow my top.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9801[/ATTACH]

I'm much more confident in sellers on ABE, Biblio, and ebay (though I know something's gonna go wrong there eventually).

Another ebay snipe coming tomorrow!
      I dont see the stain. I do see the tear in the second photo and the bookplate? Im guess is what it is. I'd be PISSED!

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
        I dont see the stain. I do see the tear in the second photo and the bookplate? Im guess is what it is. I'd be PISSED!
        Its at the top of the book. Looks like glue or something.

Comment

I already have a first first of PS, but the one I have was described as a NF/NF copy in the Amazon Marketplace. When I told the seller he shouldn't be allowed to sell on Amazon and that he was paying the shipping for me to return it to him as well as refunding my money, he told me to keep the book and he refunded my money, rounded to the next highest $10. I guess that was a bribe. It must have worked because I never submitted feed back on the seller. But that was the last time I bought anything from the Amazon Marketplace.

Seriously? NF/NF

I didn't want to know what that stain was from.

This is what made me blow my top.

I'm much more confident in sellers on ABE, Biblio, and ebay (though I know something's gonna go wrong there eventually).

Another ebay snipe coming tomorrow!
          The worst amazon experience I had was like yours (happened twice actually). Seller rated the book as new but it had serious spine lean, some sort of marker on the jacket, and multiple tears. The second time the book was damaged and had sticker residue on it and liquid damage.

Comment

Great new adds Squire! That is one nice looking copy of PS! I only have the paperback, so I'll be looking to upgrade.

Comment

Very nice Squire.I love that WTTKH slip case.

Comment

I love the TWTTK slipcase as well.
                I can't figure out why I didn't order one.
                I do hope there will be/are some spares..

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                  I love the TWTTK slipcase as well.
                  I can't figure out why I didn't order one.
                  I do hope there will be/are some spares..

sk
                  I really like it. I'll probably get DMG's as well (I have all their other DT slipcases).
                  "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Next addition to my SK 1st print US trade HC library: Cycle of the Werewolf

DSCF2829 (548x640).jpg

DSCF2847 (593x640).jpg

DSCF2839 (640x364).jpg

DSCF2843 (640x386).jpg

Not a perfect copy, but good enough for what I'm looking for.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

DSCF2841 (640x499).jpg

CotW has my favorite paragraph of King's in any of his works. I've often quoted the last two lines (including twice on this board).

DSCF2845 (640x281).jpg

More, maybe, on Monday!
                      Last edited by srboone; 07-07-2012, 07:06 PM.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

That looks like a terrific copy Squire! Some minor scratches, but other than that I'd say it looks great! Thats one I really want to add to my collection!!

Comment

I'm very happy with it. (I've been watching these things come and go on Betts for months now!)I watched some idiots get into a bidding war for it 2 days before the auction ended. Then the winner had to withdraw his bid and it went back down to a reasonable amount. Fortunately. Same thing's happening with a 1st/1st of The Stand (1978), but I doubt I'll try to snipe that one. I'll take my CotW, wittle Paypal down abit and snipe another day...
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
                            Its at the top of the book. Looks like glue or something.
                            Exactly! It looks like something. NF my ass. I'm glad you had your money refunded.
                            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

And I got the book! Not that I hadn't been plotting to replace it ever since...
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

HATECHU!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X