Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

srboone's collection

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Thanks, Pete. It's amazing the things I can pull out of the closet of my carefree college days! That's what I've been doing waiting for some books to arrive. (My CD Early Reader's package is scheduled to arrive while I'm in Dallas, among other books). If it put a smile on some people's faces, it was worthwhile.

    I noticed that some rowing team has a Facebook Wall of resons rowing is better than sex; but that was established in 2007--the T-shirt dates back to 1990.
    "I'm a vegan. "

    ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

    Comment


      Originally posted by srboone View Post
      Thanks, Pete. It's amazing the things I can pull out of the closet of my carefree college days! That's what I've been doing waiting for some books to arrive. (My CD Early Reader's package is scheduled to arrive while I'm in Dallas, among other books). If it put a smile on some people's faces, it was worthwhile.

      I noticed that some rowing team has a Facebook Wall of resons rowing is better than sex; but that was established in 2007--the T-shirt dates back to 1990.
      Priceless

      Comment


        Another artefact from my misspent younger days:

        DSCF0291.jpg
        "I'm a vegan. "

        ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

        Comment


          Originally posted by srboone View Post
          Another artefact from my misspent younger days:

          [ATTACH=CONFIG]1698[/ATTACH]
          Nice!
          CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

          Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

          Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

          Comment


            Originally posted by srboone View Post
            Couldn' resist after Dan's post. I guess this dates me ,tho:
            I was class of '84, too. We were the Cougars.
            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

            Comment


              Originally posted by TerryE View Post
              I was class of '84, too. We were the Cougars.
              Not the Cheylin Cougars, I hope. Might have a problem, there. But that's highly unlikely, right?....right?...right?

              "I'm a vegan. "

              ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

              Comment


                Just picked up today (Trade HC).

                DSCF0293.jpg

                His latest historical conspiracy put-on. This one apparently has a character so odius, vile and hated that the author has been accused of anti-Semitism. I don't know about that; I just think that his books are highly ironic in nature and simply not for the philosopically gullible. He might be an intellectual snob, but his novels are experiences that are not soon forgotten. He is a professor of semiotics (the study of signs, omens and portents in language---I had to look that one up) at the University of Bologna.
                "I'm a vegan. "

                ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

                Comment


                  The art in the book is a combination of actual newspaper drawings, artworks from the 1800s and items from his personal collection (whatever that means).

                  DSCF0295.jpg
                  "I'm a vegan. "

                  ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by srboone View Post
                    Not the Cheylin Cougars, I hope. Might have a problem, there. But that's highly unlikely, right?....right?...right?
                    No, it was the Fallston Cougars, here in MD.
                    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

                    Comment


                      DSCF0297.jpg
                      "I'm a vegan. "

                      ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

                      Comment


                        DSCF0299.jpg

                        Maybe this is one of his own drawings, I don't know; but there are quite a few of this type in the book.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

                        ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

                        Comment


                          One of the numbered Easton Press books I have (I have 2 not 1):

                          AS.jpg
                          "I'm a vegan. "

                          ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

                          Comment


                            AS1.jpg
                            "I'm a vegan. "

                            ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

                            Comment


                              AS2.jpg
                              "I'm a vegan. "

                              ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

                              Comment


                                AS3.jpg
                                "I'm a vegan. "

                                ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X