Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brian861's Collection

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Tell her to look at eBay sold auctions, since that actually shows what the book is selling for. Amazon sellers can ask whatever they want, but they'll never make a dime if no one is willing to pay their price.

    Edit: And frankly, after she raised the price like that, I'd have told her she just permanently lost a customer.
    Last edited by slayn666; 09-13-2015, 03:27 AM.

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
      Tell her to look at eBay sold auctions, since that actually shows what the book is selling for. Amazon sellers can ask whatever they want, but they'll never make a dime if no one is willing to pay their price.

      Edit: And frankly, after she raised the price like that, I'd have told her she just permanently lost a customer.
      I did tell her that wasn't a good bar to go by but honestly didn't push the issue. I posted last night that she was knowledgeable. Maybe I spoke too soon. I almost didn't buy the other book from her but I haven't had much luck finding it elsewhere for reasonable and didn't want my pride to get the best of me. I might check around to see if I can find another copy local. If not, I figure my money spends just as well on eBay. I see no need to return to her place of business.

      Comment


        #33
        Couple new additions via eBay today. Was really surprised how heavy these are vs. the "daily drivers".

        Desperation-Full Dark, No Stars 09-21-15 Ebay.jpgDesperation-Full Dark, No Stars 09-21-15 Ebay A.jpg
        Desperation-Full Dark, No Stars 09-21-15 Ebay B.jpgThe Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Pop-up 09-21-15 Ebay.jpg

        And my homely little collection on the mantle.

        Mantle Pic 1.jpg

        Comment


          #34
          Looking good, Brian. The 'Desperation' slipcase looks VERY nice.

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by Lincoln View Post
            Looking good, Brian. The 'Desperation' slipcase looks VERY nice.
            Thanks Lincoln! I really dig the scorpion on the lower right corner

            Comment


              #36
              Few more arrivals from eBay. Received The Dead Zone Easton Press Ed. in an awful super thin bubble mailer and in a condition unless than advertised. I was going to post just how bad the mailer was but the gentleman agreed to a return and a refund so I thought no need to be malicious.

              Doctor Sleep UK 700 Ebay 09-22-15 A.jpgDoctor Sleep UK 700 Ebay 09-22-15 B.jpg
              Insomnia Ebay 09-22-15 A.jpgInsomnia Ebay 09-22-15 B.jpg
              Insomnia Ebay 09-22-15 C.jpg
              Attached Files

              Comment


                #37
                Beautiful book and one of my favorite King reads

                The Shining Sub Ebay 09-22-15 B.jpgThe Shining Sub Ebay 09-22-15 C.jpg

                Comment


                  #38
                  Brian, that 'The Shining' photo on the right shows the 'dangers' of shrink wrap, as per your question in your other thread.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by Lincoln View Post
                    Brian, that 'The Shining' photo on the right shows the 'dangers' of shrink wrap, as per your question in your other thread.
                    Do you mean where it appears to be pressing the sides of the slipcase against the book? Or was there something else I'm missing? Wrapping has seen been removed. Photos were snapped right out of the box. Should have waited until it was removed. The cover on this book is wicked good.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Also gang in reference to slipcovers, I've got all my Dark Tower 1st Editions here with the exception of The Gunslinger, which I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on, but would you guys recommend the individual slipcases offer by "The Collector" or the slipcases offered by Grant? Me personally I'd think it would be better to keep them housed separately instead of together but there's a lot more expense involved going that route vs. with Grant's. Thanks as always.

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                        Do you mean where it appears to be pressing the sides of the slipcase against the book? Or was there something else I'm missing? Wrapping has seen been removed. Photos were snapped right out of the box. Should have waited until it was removed. The cover on this book is wicked good.
                        Yes, not sure how long a slipcase could be wrapped like that before the bend is permanent.
                        Some great additions - even though I strongly disliked 'Insomnia', that edition is fantastic. Ziesing did some quality books in the 80/90's.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by Lincoln View Post
                          Yes, not sure how long a slipcase could be wrapped like that before the bend is permanent.
                          Some great additions - even though I strongly disliked 'Insomnia', that edition is fantastic. Ziesing did some quality books in the 80/90's.
                          Thanks! The cover on it is pretty wicked also. I really enjoyed "Insomnia". "Revival" is the one I didn't care for at all. That being said, I'm sure I'll end up with the UK edition just because.......

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by Lincoln View Post
                            Brian, that 'The Shining' photo on the right shows the 'dangers' of shrink wrap, as per your question in your other thread.
                            I suspect he's talking about the image of the title side of the slipcase, where it looks like the shrink wrap has done some damage to the upper-right corner.

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by Lincoln View Post
                              Yes, not sure how long a slipcase could be wrapped like that before the bend is permanent.
                              Some great additions - even though I strongly disliked 'Insomnia', that edition is fantastic. Ziesing did some quality books in the 80/90's.
                              I'm actually just pretty sure that's just how all those copies of The Shining are with or without shrink wrap.
                              CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                              Non-Work related social media and what not:
                              Instagram

                              Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                                I suspect he's talking about the image of the title side of the slipcase, where it looks like the shrink wrap has done some damage to the upper-right corner.
                                Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                                I'm actually just pretty sure that's just how all those copies of The Shining are with or without shrink wrap.
                                Did another close inspection after reading these and I'm happy to report all the corners are nice and sharp. Not sure if glare or the shrink-wrap itself was causing it to appear that way.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X