No announcement yet.

slayn666's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One things with DRP (especially re: grab bag), is that they sure have a lot of titles I would really love to own, yet they also have many that I don't care much for at all - I have yet to get a DRP grab bag because of this.

Comment

In retrospect I shouldn't have expected a whole lot from the grab bag; I own a large number of DRP titles and the remaining titles I'm interested in are few and far between.

I had two real problems with the whole experience. First, at the level I ordered (the biggest one), the product description said it'd include a book from another publisher with a retail value of at least $40. The book I got was Menace by Gary Fry, which a) I already own and b) retails for $37.50. I know it's a small price difference, and it probably wouldn't have fazed me had I not already owned the book, but as things stand it left a sour taste in my mouth.

Second, I ordered another book separate from the grab bag (The Universal and Other Terrors by Tony Richards) and it wasn't sent to me. It wasn't sent because they'd sold their last copy on eBay the previous week, which is fine, but they didn't offer this information to me and just kept my money until I emailed them about it. (In their defense, they did have the a copy of the lettered edition they offered to sell to me at a discount once I pointed out I was short a book.)

Comment

Latest DarkFuse titles:

The ARC of Ghost of Punktown I got with my DRP grab bag (but forgot to post) and the UK edition of Annihilation:

Comment

I "bought" this several months ago, but my wife has been holding on to it until I passed my PG exam. I found out Thursday that I did, so I finally got to claim this set.

This set matches my number for the DarkFuse book club, which is extremely lucky on my part since I didn't order it during the preorder phase about a year ago and it was coincidence that one of the few sets the publisher had left when he opened it up to the public last month was my number.

Comment

Very nice Darkfuse collection!

Comment

Great books..

Comment

Very nice!
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Purchases from the last few weeks:

May DarkFuse titles:

Some fantasy pickups:

Some horror pickups:

More horror/weird/fantasy:

Comment

This next item is something special. I've been after it for several years and the stars finally aligned for me to pick it up.

A Puppet Show by Jeffrey Thomas

This was only done in a 26-copy numbered edition + the usual PC copies, so there are almost certainly less than 50 and probably less than 40 of these sets in existence. I'd have loved to get a numbered copy, but I'll settle for this PC edition.

Comment

What's in the booooooox? /bradpittvoice

Comment

Very freaking cool! I love the little things publishers do that set a real nice limited/lettered edition from the bunch.

Comment

That is really awesome
                          If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

Really awesome. Great looking book.

Comment

Sweet! I'm glad the stars aligned for you, but I wonder what mythos being is now stirring because of this alignment......
                              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

This week's deliveries.

Some Bryan Smith and Charlee Jacob.

Various horror. I'm a bit disappointed there's not a S/L hardcover for Strantzas's new collection.

I really hate that sticker...

Comment

Working...
                                X